Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Reverse Camera Switch

Old 04-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #41
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetman1979 View Post
I am not looking to do this mod howevef I did find very usefull the pictures of were all the ECUs are located on the taco. I assume they are in the same spots for a 2009.
Yes, all tacomas have their ecus behind the glove compartment
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #42
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakivnsf View Post
Ok everyone, sorry it took me so long to get back to you work can be a pain in the butt. I updated the write up and it is all corrected now. Works flawlessly, thank you caribe makaira for the advice. I updated the video post as well for anyone interested! Is there anyway of adding this to the mods list so more people can see this post?
So does this mean it "Will" work for my 2013 Limited with JBL Entune since as of right now, the only place I can get the OEM backup camera is in the mirror. I even went to the dealership today and asked them and they said they have never heard of it being an "option" or ever heard of such a thing for the Tacoma's to put it in the Entune NAV screen.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #43
Dance Party Guru
Drakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to behold

Drakivnsf's Tacoma Gallery
Well they are on crack because mine's a 2012 and it is on the nav screen like a G. It should work, like I said just check that wire with a volt meter to check it. Don't cut unless you know for sure lol.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #44
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
Something still isnt adding up. Is there anyone with a 2013 with it in the Entune NAV?

I wonder if they made some changes to to the 13's that disable this...

Do you have a photo of the back of your Entune system so I can compair the wires and connections to mine?
Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #46
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
so both this method and this method work on my 2012, except, they both turn on the reverse lights as well. while that is a nice feature for closing gates at night, i dont want them on while im going down the highway. any ideas on how to get just the camera on?
Old 12-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #48
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone got the wiring diagram for the 2013/2014 back up camera that's in the dash, not the mirror?
Old 02-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #49
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody added a front camera and got it to display with. The jbl entune head unit as well as the rear view camera?

I don't need them both on at the same time, I'd just like to have control of the front just like this mod does in this thread.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #50
st101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Space Operations
st101's Tacoma Gallery
Also looking for any 2014 info if it's out there. Can't imagine it'd be that different than other years other than the routing of the cable to the dash instead of the mirror (wishful thinking?)
Old 08-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #51
LarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant future

Air Force: E5, HD
LarryM04's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 10-14-2014, 09:31 PM   #53
Pode is on a distinguished road

Name: NotMyTaco - Yet
Pode's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd