Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Plasti dipping wheels?

Old 02-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
DENVERtacoManiac is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
DENVERtacoManiac's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti dipping wheels?

i am thinking of plasti dipping my stock 17 inch wheels but i am curious how many cans i would need of it, and how long that it stays on, i live in wyoming and i drive in snow and de icer and sand all the time will it withstand these elements or will it crack and fall off? also will it hurt the TPMS or can i just spray over that and it will be fine? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ga-thread.html
Old 02-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
if youre gonna do your wheels do it right and paint them. im a plasti-dip lover but ya gotta know its limits. they may look good when you do them but after weeks/months theyll start to chip and peel then itll look like crap. my advice is to just paint them. good luck whatever you decide
Old 02-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Your going to get a mix of good and bad with this.

Personally I wouldn't plastidip wheels, but I pressure wash my wheels and keep them pretty clean. Plastidip wouldn't hold up to my pressure washer or the wheel brush I use.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I was able to do my grill, A/C control surround, badges, and shifter console surround, cup holders, as well as a few touch ups on the shifter console (maybe 4-5 coats extra), while doing about 3-5 coats on everything else with one can.

I'd buy 2 or 3 just to make sure you have enough, but I'd guess two cans will do the trick. My grill and badges have stood up fairly well to the elements and washing with a high pressure hose, the shifter surround and cup holders wore down pretty quick from constantly being rubbed/touched, everything else still looks the way it did when I first painted 'em.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Don't use Plasti-Derp.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
ok, that is kinda what i was thinking and since i live in wyoming the snow and deicer would prolly mess it up faster, i will use paint but will it hurt the TMPS?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERtacoManiac View Post
ok, that is kinda what i was thinking and since i live in wyoming the snow and deicer would prolly mess it up faster, i will use paint but will it hurt the TMPS?
tpms is internal.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
oh...haha cool well i think ill paint them then