Notices

Stock Speakers as templet for speaker install

Old 05-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
nschmittsd is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Nick
nschmittsd's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Stock Speakers as templet for speaker install

Hows it going im looking to mount some pioneer 6x9 in my front doors of my tacoma but i dont want to buy the tacotunes adapters. is it possible to dremmel out the stock speaker from the housing and install my new one in the plastic housing?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
i doubt it man. i thought about that when i took mine out the other day, but you'd have a hard time getting them to match up. an easier thing to do would be to mark the holes on some carboard and then drill them out on a sheet of particle board then cut your hole in the middle. . . i started going that route but ran out of time when i was working at my barn. ended up ordering some pre cut ones (like tacotunes) from a member on here that used to make them. he saved me some money, and they are perfect . . but i know for a fact he sold me his last ones as he no longer makes them.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
People have done it.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
People have done it.
in the words of walter sabchek

"i did not know that"
Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
nschmittsd is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Nick
nschmittsd's Tacoma Gallery
cool im gonna try it and i'll post pics if it works out
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
in the words of walter sabchek

"i did not know that"
Haha. Honestly I wouldn't mind paying the small price for some clean adapters.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
If all else fails go to your local walmart/target style store and get some cheap cutting boards and lay the oem speaker holder thing on it, trace, and cut.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Haha. Honestly I wouldn't mind paying the small price for some clean adapters.
i got mine from hookontronics. he used to have a thread about them but TW asshatery ended up just being too much of a pain so he quite doing it. but i PM'd him and he said he had one more pair on his shelves and for like 30 dollars i think it was and he had them shipped to my door in a timely fashion. the speakers are in them, just haven't had time to put them in. they look great too.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
samiam22691 is on a distinguished road
Name: Sam
samiam22691's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...r-adapter.html