Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Backup Camera in Mirror AND Nav

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake72 View Post
someone done this mod on here to have both, do a search and you should find it. he has pics of both working.
Are you sure he did it on a 2012, factory Entune unit with factory camera. I don't know of anyone that has done it with those components on a 2012 yet. Only people with aftermarket headunits and cams from what I've found/seen.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #22
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
Are you sure he did it on a 2012, factory Entune unit with factory camera. I don't know of anyone that has done it with those components on a 2012 yet. Only people with aftermarket headunits and cams from what I've found/seen.
yeah I am sure, I found it when I was looking to see if it was done before.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
In front? How about looking out the windshield?

Actually, I know what you mean. The hood is so high, it's hard to see how close you've pulled up to things. Sorry about being a smart ass. I've actually considered the same thing, but I want to be able to turn on the BU camera when I'm in drive.
This is well documented on here.. I've done it myself too.. Here's the thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-dash-mod.html
Old 08-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
This is well documented on here.. I've done it myself too.. Here's the thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-dash-mod.html
That's not what we're talking about. That makes the camera work all the time if you want it to, not switch it from the Entune to the mirror.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #25
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake72 View Post
yeah I am sure, I found it when I was looking to see if it was done before.
Got a link? I have been searching for this solution since May and have yet to find anyone to do it successfully. And I mean I've searched and searched
Old 08-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
That's not what we're talking about. That makes the camera work all the time if you want it to, not switch it from the Entune to the mirror.
I thought the same thing, but if you read the quote he posted, his response was in regards to someone who was inquiring about being able to turn the camera on whenever they want.

However, the thread, as a whole, is in regards to routing the image to both the mirror and the entune screen. I want to be able to do this SO BAD! Not only do I want to have it on both screens when in reverse, but I would also like to have the capability to flip a switch and display it on the mirror ONLY, whenever I want. I did the anytime cam switch mod on my 09 Prerunner and LOVED IT. I liked being able to check on my trailer when in tow.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #27
WARR4NT is on a distinguished road
WARR4NT's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping for interest...I'm no electrician. I'm gonna pull my headliner down this weekend and see if it's as easy as just plugging it in. When I pulled the headliner in my Tundra to hardwire my radar detector to the mirror, I remember seeing extra wires/plugs up there marked for a overhead DVD system I didn't have.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #28
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Yeah, i'm definitely interested. I hate looking at my dash to use the camera and I really want those marker lines that are in the mirror's screen!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #29
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Check your owners manual. Mine says that if I'm I've got a certain something (can't remember what exactly) on the NAV screen it will automatically revert to the rear view mirror. I haven't tried it yet but I will when I have time.

Edit-just noticed you wanted both at the same time. Nvm
Old 08-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
Check your owners manual. Mine says that if I'm I've got a certain something (can't remember what exactly) on the NAV screen it will automatically revert to the rear view mirror. I haven't tried it yet but I will when I have time.

Edit-just noticed you wanted both at the same time. Nvm
Wish this was true, but it's not. No matter what is on the entune screen when you put the truck in reverse, it will display the image on the entune nav screen. A lot of the entune manual is broad and covers other systems and functions that the Tacoma entune doesn't even have. I've read both the owners manual and entune manual front to back and tried all the tricks. No luck on reverse image being routed to the mirror.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #31
Spot50 is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT 1st/17th Inf 1971 Korea
Name: Bob
Spot50's Tacoma Gallery
I contacted a Toyota tech (actually where I purchased the truck) and was told that the wiring was either one way or another - that is, either the entune screen or the mirror but NOT both.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 AM   #32

Air Force:
Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to switch it though. Hopefully someone figures it out and writes up a nice "How to".
Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #34
geoff7877 has a spectacular aura aboutgeoff7877 has a spectacular aura about

geoff7877's Tacoma Gallery
I guess this is the ONLY plus to having the crappy stereo. I love that my back camera view is in the mirror.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #35
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARR4NT View Post
And I miss the guide lines helping aim into a parking spot evenly between the lines.
My wife needs those.

On her windshield
Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #36
mandotaco is on a distinguished road
mandotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, let's get this started. I highly doubt that the non-entune trucks have different wiring or a different mirror. There is a small harness going from the truck to the mirror, if anything, I bet that in the ENTUNE models that harness is simply missing a wire so that the mirror never gets the signal to turn on the reverse image. This would be way more simple than having 2 harnesses in the trucks themselves during assembly...

But, in hopes of coming up with a solution, let's figure it out. I have a 2012 with Entune, the back of my mirror says GENTEX model GHSHL4. As far as wiring, I will have to double check what wires I have missing from the plug, seen in the attached pic (I think not all 12 spots are filled).

Someone with a 2012 with reverse cam in mirror but WITHOUT Entune, get the model number and number of wires in the harness that plugs into the mirror and we can try and figure out what's up. The cover is easy to remove just pop it off.
Attached Thumbnails
Backup Camera in Mirror AND Nav-img_20120807_120943-1-.jpg  
Old 08-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #37
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
2012, its an aftermarket HU but it comes up to both. just tapped the camera wires and fed them to the HU. (this was already covered in the thread i think) but just wanted to put the photo up. i find the lines on the mirror more helpful than using the HU.
my truck did not come with the camera or mirror. i ordered them from a user on the forum and plugged them in.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #38
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Robo02cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
2012, its an aftermarket HU but it comes up to both. just tapped the camera wires and fed them to the HU. (this was already covered in the thread i think) but just wanted to put the photo up. i find the lines on the mirror more helpful than using the HU.
my truck did not come with the camera or mirror. i ordered them from a user on the forum and plugged them in.

B737 - what dash kit did u use?? I have the Scoshe for the 05-11 but have been afraid to install as I heard the fit was horrible!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #39
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo02cop View Post
B737 - what dash kit did u use?? I have the Scoshe for the 05-11 but have been afraid to install as I heard the fit was horrible!!!
It is the 2011 Metra Dash kit. It took a lot of tweaking but it came out great. in fact i could live with it in its current state with no problem. In the future i will swap it out, but am in no hurry. No one would ever notice.

It will take some adjusting and trimming of the parts but you can get it to fit properly. the curve towards the top is slightly different, but once you fit it in there right the gap lines will be tight and equal. you also need to dremmel, file or trim the hazard light cut out. but its very tight, doesnt rattle, shake or move, and the gaps are good.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #40
Drew1287 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Drew
Drew1287's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have any new info in regards to getting the mirror working?