LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does the 2012 Lower trim panel fit on pre 2012 trucks?

Old 07-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Does the 2012 Lower trim panel fit on pre 2012 trucks?

I know the 2009 trim panel with the spots for switches fits on a 2007 tacoma, but now that Toyota has come out with a new lower trim panel for the 2012 year with one more spot for switches, I am wondering if anyone knows will this fit on older than 2012 trucks?

The 2012 part number for the lower trim panel is: 55407-04050-B0
The 2009 Part number for the lower trim panel is: 55407-04040-b0
I don't know the part number for the 2008 and older panel.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I will let you know soon...I ordered the part and waiting to go pick it up at Toyota
Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
I will let you know soon...I ordered the part and waiting to go pick it up at Toyota
Looking forward to seeing your results.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
yes it fits

only problem...you cant install the cigarette lighter on it...the part itself is bigger than the hole since toyota eliminated the lighter plug for the 2012s
so one of these days ill buy another 12 v olug

also., it uses the same blanks as the 09+ so your existing atrac button will fit perfectly
Old 07-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
Señor Member

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
negative....i dont smoke so im good lol
you can make it fit...just need to make the hole bigger
Old 07-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #8

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes it fits

only problem...you cant install the cigarette lighter on it...the part itself is bigger than the hole since toyota eliminated the lighter plug for the 2012s
so one of these days ill buy another 12 v olug

also., it uses the same blanks as the 09+ so your existing atrac button will fit perfectly
WooHoo! happy to hear it.
One more favor please. Looking at the picture of the switch blanks, it looks like there isn't room for the carling switches in there. I know you generally have to trim the sides of the switch blank opening for the carling switches and it doesn't seem like there is enough room to trim. So I was thinking of ordering the switch blank holders from OTRATTW and cutting out the space and putting them in that way. Can you find the measurements of the flat area for the buttons?

Three switch holder:
Cutout required for installation is 3.05 X 1.90 inches
Finished dimensions are 3.40 X 2.30 inches

Four switches
Cutout required for installation is 4.08 X 1.90 inches
Finished dimensions are 4.434 X 2.3 inches

Do you think either of these would fit?

Thanks so much for being everyone's Guinea pig.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
negative....i dont smoke so im good lol
Old 07-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #10
Señor Member

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
id have to check...post a link of what switch exactly so i can look...
im running the same blank covers from the 09 on this piece...i know there are new blanks now

but from what you say, it may fit

no prob...gonna post my 09 dash for sale soon
Old 07-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #11

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
id have to check...post a link of what switch exactly so i can look...
im running the same blank covers from the 09 on this piece...i know there are new blanks now

but from what you say, it may fit

no prob...gonna post my 09 dash for sale soon
I may just buy that from you
Old 07-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #13
Señor Member

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLor View Post
ah, see with those i would think you need would need to trim because ive seen those installed to the left of the drivers side and the panel had to be trimmed for them to fit
Old 07-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #14

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ah, see with those i would think you need would need to trim because ive seen those installed to the left of the drivers side and the panel had to be trimmed for them to fit
Yep, that's why I was thinking I would just have to cut out the entire panel and put in their switch holders. I was wondering if the area is big enough for the switch holders or not.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
Señor Member

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, that's why I was thinking I would just have to cut out the entire panel and put in their switch holders. I was wondering if the area is big enough for the switch holders or not.
im pretty sure theyre not big enough...so trimming will be required
Old 07-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #16

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im pretty sure theyre not big enough...so trimming will be required
I think we both agree that trimming is required, I am wondering if the flat area would hold the size that the OTRATTW switch holders would need to be without overlapping over the edges. I am not sure if I am communicating clearly or not, so my sincerest apologies if I am confusing.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
Señor Member

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think we both agree that trimming is required, I am wondering if the flat area would hold the size that the OTRATTW switch holders would need to be without overlapping over the edges. I am not sure if I am communicating clearly or not, so my sincerest apologies if I am confusing.

it may fit...i would need to check one of those buttons to see how much need to be trimmed
now im curious because i plan on adding a locker and this is where i plan on adding the buttons
Old 07-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #18

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
These are the dimensions of the switch holders:
Three switch holder:

Four switches

And here is a link to a thread I found on installing these particular switches and how much to trim.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-location.html
Old 07-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #19
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All these replies after this post and not one "thats what she said" comment?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #20
Señor Member

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
These are the dimensions of the switch holders:
Three switch holder:

Four switches

And here is a link to a thread I found on installing these particular switches and how much to trim.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-location.html
ya that panel wouldnt fit on there...id rather just cut the piece on the existing panel...i wanted to try to fit a 5 switch and completely move the 12 v accessory plugs on a new spot

if you want to check it out, im having a bbq meet thing here at my house next saturday...burbank is about 45-50 mins from my house

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
All these replies after this post and not one "thats what she said" comment?
i was going to but....mehhh