Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Post your favorite DIY mod??

View Poll Results: What is your favorite DIY Tacoma mod??
Fog Lights On Anytime 146 19.68%
Day Time Running Lamps 42 5.66%
BHLM 131 17.65%
Bed Lights 53 7.14%
Map Lights On With Dome Light 27 3.64%
Bed Storage Compartment Locks 20 2.70%
Cigarette lighter plug always on 31 4.18%
Engine Bay Light 9 1.21%
Rear Differential Breather Relocation 63 8.49%
Other 220 29.65%
Voters: 742. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #21
chabro will become famous soon enough

chabro's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
x2

technically i guess it would be x3
x4

deckplate mod
Old 01-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #23
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Love my BHLM, cheapest/best mod I've done so far!
Old 01-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #24
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i chose the diff breather mod.................and im gonna add my "blacking out chrome with bedliner" to it also. deckplate mod is awesome too!!
Old 01-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #26
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
It does look damn awesome btw!
thanks man!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #27
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
blacked out tails and 3rd brake light!
Aux reverse lights are a must too
Old 01-30-2009, 02:57 AM   #28
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for fog lights on anytime....but my favorite mod really is my TW sticker.

thanks again Bob.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #29
Chuck Norisette
Lysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to all

Lysmachia's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia
Rocklight Mod! Best mod for the $$ I ever did! But if you are not using LED's (like me) make sure you get your alternator upgraded! (Mine now puts out 60 AMPS at idle)

Tippy is on the left

Makes wrenching at night on the trail a lot easier!

Old 01-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #31
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Custom highlift mount: 2 lag bolts, 2 wing nuts, 2 washers = $5, and 5min.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #33
OIF Vet
Liquidity is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Engineer
Liquidity's Tacoma Gallery
First mod was the fog light mod.

But I LOVED the Seatbelt sound bypass mod. EXCELLENT!!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #34
WildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really nice

WildcatRider's Tacoma Gallery
Why do people do DTRL Mod? The lights on 2nd gens go off when you shut off the truck and open the door, why do you need a mod to make them run all the time? I never turn mine off!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #35
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Other: Seat belt chime disable

And no, do not take out your buzzer. You'll probably regret this when the engine oil pressure drops one day and your buzzer doesn't make that annoying sound to let you know..

Anyone who drives off road for long periods of time and does not like to wear their seatbelt in these conditions knows exactly how wonderful this simple procedure can be.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #36
Chuck Norisette
Lysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to all

Lysmachia's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Anyone who drives off road for long periods of time and does not like to wear their seatbelt in these conditions knows exactly how wonderful this simple procedure can be.
Tru dat. I am lucky I have not had to deal with it and my 93 4Runner, but I cannot tell you how many Taco's etc (after 2K) deals with this. Even having some gear on your passneger seats sounds the alarm.

So this mod IF I had a Taco with the alarm, would be 1st on my list!
Old 01-31-2009, 09:06 AM   #37
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I picked "Other" for sticking a magnet in my headliner to hold up my Bluetooth speaker module.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...agnet-mod.html
Old 01-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #38
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
DTRL's
Old 01-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #40
Bluridge53 will become famous soon enough

Navy: deck ape
Bluridge53's Tacoma Gallery
1. turning off seatbelt chime
2. installing tailgate lock and window vents

for the future: adding nerf bars

Products Discussed in this Thread