1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear-Cab Storage?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by usmcmax, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Sep 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    usmcmax

usmcmax [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Okinawa/Virginia
    None yet.
    ATTN: Double Cab owners. Looking for pictures/ descriptions of innovative uses of the behind the seat storage unit. It seems like it has attachments for certain items, but the most I use it for is storing the bed cleats and the like. Looking for input on what everyone else puts back there or if anyone has modified this to fit particular needs. Thanks!
    Max

2. Sep 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    TxFireman

TxFireman Factory Pilot

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC-SB TRD-OR, tow package, entune/nav
    Mine is so new I've hardly put anything back there yet. But, for the bed cleats and some other things, I do like to use the zippered clear bags that come with sheet sets and curtains. Next time the Mrs. buys some, be sure to swipe the bags. Being clear, they help you easily see what is in each bag, and bagged up they don't rattle around in the storage boxes.

Not exactly what you're looking for, I know, but thought I would pass along the idea. I ended up with a whole lot of them after we built our house.

3. Sep 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    Lespaulkid01

Lespaulkid01 I prefer the term "beer researcher".

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    MoCo, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab TRD Sport, Pyrite Mica
    tool chest, vent visors, tuffy bed box, scangauge, Bilstein 5100's, OME 885x springs, Wheeler's HD AAL, LED map, dome, and reverse lights, Bestop Supertop.
    I keep a spare tire iron, jumper cables, a small umbrella and shop rags behind my passenger side back seat and my socket and wrench set behind my drivers side back seat. I've got a full size umbrella behind the back seat headrests up against the window too. Once winter rolls around ill throw an ice scraper in there somewhere.

My bed storage has a lot of stuff like rags, tie downs, bungees, a flashlight, extra electrical parts and a few other odds and ends.

4. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Sand Dog likes this.
  5. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Take the plastic bins out. They're just a waste of space.

6. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    x2, can fit so much more stuff back there now.

i keep one of those car emergency kits, with a few extra things added.(better flash lights, and extra batteries, a few small(mini) wrenches, a few other screw drivers, Allen wrenches, usually have a north face jacket, for rain or snow,(it comes and goes out of the truck) a cable to lock stuff in the bed along with a lock. use it about once a week in spring/summer early fall, when i go mow a small business, i just take a push mower back pack blower and weed eater and gas. usually have a extra washer fluid, a tow rope, some just rope for tieing stuff down. few other odd things.

7. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    I spend a lot of time outside, so mine are chuck full of extra clothing layers, gloves, towels, rain jacket, socks, you name it. I get into them 4-5 times a week. I've found them very useful over the years.

8. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The only downside to taking the bins out is all your stuff is just heaped up behind the seat

I may still remove the bins and fab up a better storage system but I'm not into a big heap of loose gear

9. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    if you got a lot of stuff it wont move around to much, i have most of the “floor” covered and i don’t hear stuff moving around to much, now the extra hitch under the rear seats moves around some.

10. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    super_white

super_white Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4X4
  11. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    OZ, how did you mount your ax like that? I just bought one like that last week. That's better than on the floor

12. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
  13. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
  14. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    hemitruk

hemitruk Old man , young boi truk

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab Sport,
    A few
    Made small shelf for top of storage bin and cut out plastic bin under seat and carpeted bottom

SDC10340.jpg
    SDC10341.jpg
    SDC10342.jpg
    SDC10344.jpg
    SDC10354.jpg
    SDC10355.jpg

15. Sep 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    tacoma16

tacoma16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    I took mine out, because there wasn't enough room. Using the seat hooks, I bolted down a foam bad with carpet wrapped around it. Couldn't really glue the foam pad to the carpet so I laced it together lacrosse style :). Pics show some of the stuff I keep back there, but if I would organize it better I can put a lot more back there.
    [​IMG]
    Gives you an idea of how it looks with the seat up
    [​IMG]
    my stufffff
    [​IMG]
    lacrosse lace holding it all together

IT aint pretty by any means, but it keeps down the rattling (stuff against stuff, and stuff against the cab), I didn't have to cut or modify anything, and it comes out in a flash. Plus I can use the carpet, padding and string if I really needed too.

16. Sep 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    Colt562

Colt562 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13' TRD Sport 4x4
    Icon Stage 3 Lift Kit...Dakars
    love the thread, gives me ideas on what I want to do to mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top