Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dropping 100lbs+ off rotational weight.....

Old 11-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I got the best of both worlds. I shed a lot of weight per corner AND went up in diameter. Now I get better MPG from less mass and better MPG on the highway by running lower RPMs. On top of all the other little fine tuning and upkeep I did when I got this Pickup I can easily hit 20-25% above EPA. Only issue is Winter. I drop down to about EPA or a hair under then.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #22
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I got the best of both worlds. I shed a lot of weight per corner AND went up in diameter. Now I get better MPG from less mass and better MPG on the highway by running lower RPMs. On top of all the other little fine tuning and upkeep I did when I got this Pickup I can easily hit 20-25% above EPA. Only issue is Winter. I drop down to about EPA or a hair under then.
Yea I loved how the 285's looked but this time around i wanted to see how they would do in our crappy winters...not only that the 265's were a good deal cheaper. We'll see how it goes
Old 11-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
So were the 285s E rated and 265s C?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #24
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Did you weigh the Hase Spec wheels? From what I read, they are over 20 lb each.

Volk TE37 for our trucks is about 16 lb. Konig Countersteer Off Road measured 18 lb on my bathroom scale. It would take a lot more $$$$ to reach 14 lb.

Rule of thumb for unsprung weight is 1:3.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #25
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Did you weigh the Hase Spec wheels? From what I read, they are over 20 lb each.

Volk TE37 for our trucks is about 16 lb. Konig Countersteer Off Road measured 18 lb on my bathroom scale. It would take a lot more $$$$ to reach 14 lb.

Rule of thumb for unsprung weight is 1:3.
There is no way the hase specs are over 20lbs each. I got the 15lb info from JdMeF9SiR2 , where I got the wheels from. He seems to know a bit about wheels since he sells a ton of the Konig Countersteers on the forum. I went from 285 e load to 265 c load. We measured the weight and the difference on the tire switch was exactly 13lbs difference for each tire.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #26
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Interesting, because he's implying they are over 20 lb in this post: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post5291885
Old 11-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #27
Quote:
^Interesting, because he's implying they are over 20 lb in this post: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post5291885
Yea, thats for the weds hase clone. I have the original weds hase wheels. And copies are almost always heavier. Hence why original wheels like weds cost more than clones.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^You are not reading it correctly. He's saying the Weds Hase clone is less than 20 lb, lighter than the original.

The Weds Hase Spec is still a cast wheel (http://www.wedswheelsna.com/weds/wed...ure/hase-spec/), which keeps the price reasonable at $1600 for the set. Forged Rays wheels would be about twice that.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #30
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Those new wheels look great OP.

Sub'd to find out how much these wheels actually weigh...
Old 11-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #31
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...se-spec-2.html

JdMeF9SiR2 [OP]
PARTS HOARDER

06 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko
Whats the weight of one of 'em ? Whats the material ? cast/ steel etc

15 lbs. one piece cast aluminum

if you're right than our fn wheels seller/dealer is lying about weight.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #32
Quote:
^You are not reading it correctly. He's saying the Weds Hase clone is less than 20 lb, lighter than the original.

The Weds Hase Spec is still a cast wheel (http://www.wedswheelsna.com/weds/wed...ure/hase-spec/), which keeps the price reasonable at $1600 for the set. Forged Rays wheels would be about twice that.
Well you're right. Looks like 15lbs was a "typo"