Notices

Looking for a Bike Rack

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
badel1129 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
badel1129's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a Bike Rack

I am looking for a good bike rack for my 2014 double cab tacoma. I have been researching several models and im not sure what the best option would be. If anyone has information about this i would appreciate some direction.
Thanks
Brian
Old 01-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
drwoodr is on a distinguished road
drwoodr's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of threads on this, but check out this one:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...o-you-use.html

I use Rocky Mounts, love them. I can transport 3 bikes mounted securely in my DCSB.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #3
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
I have this one that slides right into the hitch. I like it because I can use it on either of my vehicles.

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Sports-D...rds=Bike+hitch

If you're looking for something in the bed, there's Toyota brackets that go right into the rails. Check ebay for the best prices.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
Rsamani is on a distinguished road
Navy: SCPO USN (ret)
Rsamani's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badel1129 View Post
I am looking for a good bike rack for my 2014 double cab tacoma. I have been researching several models and im not sure what the best option would be. If anyone has information about this i would appreciate some direction.
Thanks
Brian
ASk your self first, how much you want to spend then, what system ( or vice versa).

Fork mount
Frame or wheel mount
trailer hitch mount
roof rack.

Yakima and thule are tow of the biggest in the industry

rocky mounts are a little bit cheaper..

Home depot or lowes can provide you with some cheap options.

or just throw the bike on the bed and secure with a bungee chord!!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
tacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoflaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sean
tacoflaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badel1129 View Post
Thanks
Brian
Thule T2
Old 01-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
got2fish is on a distinguished road

got2fish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post
I have this one that slides right into the hitch. I like it because I can use it on either of my vehicles.

If you're looking for something in the bed, there's Toyota brackets that go right into the rails. Check ebay for the best prices.
I bought this same rack for my last vehicle (SUV) and it's a good inexpensive rack. Like the previous poster mentioned, you can use it on any vehicle that has a trailer hitch.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of bike or bikes do you have? Do you want a bed mount or a hitch mount?
Old 01-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #9
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
I highly recommend 1up USA Racks. All metal and very stout! The make both roof and hitch racks.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
mummel is on a distinguished road
mummel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post

I cant tell. Does this model fold down so you can access the back of the car? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #11
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I got this one.. http://www.amazon.com/Thule-Vertex-9...thule+vertex+4

many hitch racks dont arc up, leaving your bikes wheels near the ground.. hit a hill and your dragging your bike. not so with the thule vertex.. easy to use, and easy to fold down to get tailgate down.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #12
bluedust is on a distinguished road
Name: Patrick
bluedust's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a Thule apex swing 4 bike rack, at REI last month, in anticipation of Spring.
Was not cheap, but really had the Felt out on the banks of the Youghiogheny last year a lot.

YA, I know I have an access cab, let's just say I have high hopes!

But I like the whole swing to the side thing, now just waiting on the weather.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #13
addicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
addicted7369's Tacoma Gallery
Thule makes a bunch of different one and a very good product as well as Yakima. Just don't buy a cheap POS cause you will disappointed with it.Like another member said first know the style you want and go from there. I myself have a two different styles of Thule one is a fork mount that is in the bed of the truck and a hitch mount that holds it by the frame of the bike.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #14
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummel View Post
I cant tell. Does this model fold down so you can access the back of the car? Thanks.
Yes and no. If you carry a wrench you can take out the bolt to fold it but it's probably easier to just take out.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #15
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
My bed brackets are all you need for bikes and whatever else you want to use them for.

Products Discussed in this Thread