1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight Help PLEASE

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaGuy8402, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Sep 4, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    TacomaGuy8402

TacomaGuy8402 [OP] Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Super White Tacoma PreRunner Sport
    Chrome tube nerf bars A.R.E bed cover Brembo Front Rotors Brembo Rear drums Westin bull bar DEPO LED Smoke Taillights Window Tint Color Matched Side Mirrors Chrome Billet Grill Color Matched Door Handles Color Matched Rear bumper
    I've been looking around at different aftermarket headlights. However, I've been reading quite a few reviews that they have a problem with leaking water inside and they don't shine as well as OEM's.

I've also looked at just replacing the bulbs with Nokya Arctic white bulbs in the headlights and fogs but I've read where there could be problems with burning the lenses. ALSO my headlight lenses are starting to film over and I need to find something to clean them with I'm not sure which route to take. PLEASE HELP!

2. Sep 4, 2014 at 5:46 AM
    303tacoma

303tacoma Bad Karma is a Bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Sw Denver Concrete Jungle
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD AC 4th gen Rav4 Platinum
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    I used the turtlewax lens cleaner for my fogged up lens worked real well. I think it was $10. at wallyworld

3. Sep 4, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    WarEagleTacoma

WarEagleTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracey
    Vincent, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    ceramic window tint, LED light kit, all weather mats, bed mat, TRD exhaust, Volant cold air kit, chrome step boards, Bilstien 5100 stuts/shocks , 2 inch lift, Better Built tool box, LT265/70R17 BFG All Terrain T/A KO2
    Toyota offers a REALLY AWESOME headlight restoration kit that has to be done at the dealership to have the UV light to cure the coatings. It comes with a 3 years warranty. I've been with Toyota as a service advisor for 20 years now and know this product actually works. PM me and I can try and help you get set up with a dealer in your area. As far as the headlights go I would highly recommend you check into LED's from CSJUMPER or HID's from SLIMCUBBY. You can fine their info here on TW. I have had dealings with both and they have A+ customer service and products

4. Sep 4, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    TacomaGuy8402

TacomaGuy8402 [OP] Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Super White Tacoma PreRunner Sport
    Chrome tube nerf bars A.R.E bed cover Brembo Front Rotors Brembo Rear drums Westin bull bar DEPO LED Smoke Taillights Window Tint Color Matched Side Mirrors Chrome Billet Grill Color Matched Door Handles Color Matched Rear bumper
    Awesome. Thanks guys.

Hey WarEagleTacoma. Roll Tide! Haha.

5. Sep 4, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    Canufixit

Canufixit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    "Access" Tonneau cover. Bed Mat. Hitch, Timbren SES

Good Info !!

6. Sep 4, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    Tex-Tac

Tex-Tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma V6 PreRunner SR5 Extended Double Cab Desert Sand Mica
    Installed Overhead Compass and Temperature Display along with outside temperature sensor and wiring; LED lights reverse backup; LED license plate lights; Added GTA Bluetooth Audio kit to stock radio for iphone audio; Spare tire steel braided air hose extension connection to rear bumper; Installed new headlights along with new bulbs PIAA H4 XTreme and for fog lights PIAA H10 XTreme bulbs. Installed new hood with "hood-scoop". Installed Predator Side Steps. Replaced front chrome grill with customized color matched (Desert Sand Mica) grill with added TOYOTA lettering (also in matched color), installed and secured tailgate anti-theft devices. Also installed a new external TPMS monitor for all 4 tires.

I know exactly what you are going through with your headlights.

This is what I did on my 2008 Tacoma to over come my headlight problem(s) click on the following thread and read post(s) #18, 21, 22, 24, 26, 29, 30, 33 & 36. Since then I have washed my truck, it has rained and no problems of water or moisture getting into the headlight housing.

Good Luck!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/341233-replacement-headlights.html

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  7. Sep 4, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Can't re-MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    SUNRISE,FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    09 2.7 XTRA CAB 5 SPEED
    LARGER WHEELS. DIFFERENT STEREO. PUSH BAR. TAILGATE EXTENDER. WIPER MOD. TPMS LIGHT DELETE MOD.
    Mine melted due to the day time running lights before they ever had a chance to discolor.

8. Sep 4, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    Tex-Tac

Tex-Tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma V6 PreRunner SR5 Extended Double Cab Desert Sand Mica
    Installed Overhead Compass and Temperature Display along with outside temperature sensor and wiring; LED lights reverse backup; LED license plate lights; Added GTA Bluetooth Audio kit to stock radio for iphone audio; Spare tire steel braided air hose extension connection to rear bumper; Installed new headlights along with new bulbs PIAA H4 XTreme and for fog lights PIAA H10 XTreme bulbs. Installed new hood with "hood-scoop". Installed Predator Side Steps. Replaced front chrome grill with customized color matched (Desert Sand Mica) grill with added TOYOTA lettering (also in matched color), installed and secured tailgate anti-theft devices. Also installed a new external TPMS monitor for all 4 tires.
    Maybe you have not been aware of this but Toyota put out a recall specifically about that. You just might want to check in on it, you could qualify for free headlight replacements?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  9. Sep 5, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    WarEagleTacoma

WarEagleTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracey
    Vincent, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    ceramic window tint, LED light kit, all weather mats, bed mat, TRD exhaust, Volant cold air kit, chrome step boards, Bilstien 5100 stuts/shocks , 2 inch lift, Better Built tool box, LT265/70R17 BFG All Terrain T/A KO2

Products Discussed in

To Top