Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

thinking about a lift HELP

Old 07-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #21
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
i would go with the toytec adjustable up to 3" lift kit. so you can start of low, and raise it as you will evenutally wanna go alittle higher and get bigger tires. i can get a 5% discount on toytec parts, so let me know
Old 07-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #22
pgfaulkner is on a distinguished road
pgfaulkner's Tacoma Gallery
can somebody post a link, as i dont see an adjustable 3 inch lift on the toytec website
Old 07-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #23
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

is this what i need????
Old 07-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #25
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfaulkner View Post
Yes. That is a good lift kit right there!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #26
AngryTacoma
#Reistlehr- is on a distinguished road
#Reistlehr-'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to #Reistlehr- Send a message via MSN to #Reistlehr- Send a message via Yahoo to #Reistlehr-
these installable by 1 person?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #27
idk

no idea
Old 07-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #28
AngryTacoma
#Reistlehr- is on a distinguished road
#Reistlehr-'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to #Reistlehr- Send a message via MSN to #Reistlehr- Send a message via Yahoo to #Reistlehr-
im on the same page faulkner.. lol you're not alone.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #29
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
did you read this, it might help a lot!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...need-know.html
Old 07-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #30
thanks, thats what i needed. your awesome i dont know how i didnt find that?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #31
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thanks, thats what i needed. your awesome i dont know how i didnt find that?
me neither, its a sticky on the 2nd gen forum, but glad i could be of help
Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #32
update

So i stopped into the local motor sports store(hedgehog motorsports) today. The guy working the counter tells me i only have 1 option to lift my truck (b.s. from what ive heard) Basically he tells me i can do a 2.5 inch in the front and a 1 inch in the rear and thats it. So i tell him, what about 5100's in the front and aal in the rear, and he tells me its not possible. To make a long story short, anyone know of any chain stores who do these types of lifts in the Jacksonville fl area so i can get an estimate. Also, he said it would be right at 800.00 to do that, Sounds like a rip off if u ask me, what do u guys think???
Old 07-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #33

Quote:
So i stopped into the local motor sports store(hedgehog motorsports) today. The guy working the counter tells me i only have 1 option to lift my truck (b.s. from what ive heard) Basically he tells me i can do a 2.5 inch in the front and a 1 inch in the rear and thats it. So i tell him, what about 5100's in the front and aal in the rear, and he tells me its not possible. To make a long story short, anyone know of any chain stores who do these types of lifts in the Jacksonville fl area so i can get an estimate. Also, he said it would be right at 800.00 to do that, Sounds like a rip off if u ask me, what do u guys think???
i think is total bs, there are tons of people running that lift in here??, and you might do it your self with a mechanical inclined buddy, from what ive heard its not that difficult to put a lift on....

check out this thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mtrdsport.html

its installing spacers on the front and AAL on the back
Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #34
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
if you have the right tools, a lift is not difficult, i advise you to make a mechanic friend if you plan to do lots of work to your truck. but its not hard, its just a suspension swap, need some tools for the job, but its not unmanagable. $200 / per spring / leaf to replace...thats nonsense
Old 07-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
if you have the right tools, a lift is not difficult, i advise you to make a mechanic friend if you plan to do lots of work to your truck. but its not hard, its just a suspension swap, need some tools for the job, but its not unmanagable. $200 / per spring / leaf to replace...thats nonsense
from what ive heard the most difficult its to compress the springs right?? which can be done at a shop
Old 07-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #36
Banned
yes but you can get a spring compressor for yourself, when yoru done, sell it, even buy it used on ebay and then sell it to a friend. Also, like we did here in jersey, me n some freinds bought one, we all kinda chipped in and it floats between us. if yout rust yoru freinds, it works, we all mod our cars/trucks, so its kinda worth it, remember $$$ you spend on tools you can do the job again, youspend the same $$$$ on install, you never see it again. there is always someone who wants some tools
Old 07-13-2009, 09:49 PM   #37
jj95 is on a distinguished road
jj95's Tacoma Gallery
you could get a ready lift leveling kit you dont have to compress the springs if you go that way thats what i have on my truck
Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #38
anyway i could just buy this?, obviously it doesnt have as much stuff, but would this alone give me a 3 inch lift or would i need to buy additional parts. Thanks

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

If not what is this package for??