Notices

CB Radio and Antenna mount?

Old 10-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Jdmagoober is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sergeant
Name: JJ
Jdmagoober's Tacoma Gallery
CB Radio and Antenna mount?

Hey, does anyone know the best kind of antenna mount for at least a four foot antenna? I dont want to drill holes or put a magnet on the roof. I was thinking of maybe a rail mount in the bed, but I can't find one. Also, what kind of radio mount is the most compact and out of the way. I was thinking under the glove box, on the side of the center console, or maybe in the center cubby hole area. What kinda of mount would be best?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
When I first got my CB I did this:

But I have since installed a tool box so now the antenna is mounted to that. I'm running a 4' Wilson flex antenna and the Cobra 75 WX ST. Take a look here (post #21) for more specifics. I'll work on fixing up the picture links right now.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.walcottcb.com/firestik-ss...ath=28_353_432

You could modify this to work in the channel

and for a compact radio you could try these

http://www.walcottcb.com/cobra-75wxs...th=340_377_379

or

http://www.walcottcb.com/midland-758...th=340_377_379

or

http://www.walcottcb.com/midland-100...th=340_377_379
Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
here is my whole CB instalation, just to give you some ideas

here are the pictures of my cobra 75wsxt.
this is the location of the "hide away" box. it all stuffs up in there with the panel in place.
I cut a hole in the console to pass the female microphone connector.
The microphone can rest in my lap while I am using it or I can store it in the console or glove box if I disconnect it.
This is a firestick 3' NGP
here is a closer picture of the mount.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
heres my mount for my cb, the mic holder is screwed into the black dash piece and the cb is heavyduty velcroed to the center console
Old 10-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
heres my mount for my cb, the mic holder is screwed into the black dash piece and the cb is heavyduty velcroed to the center console
I like that set up, what antenna do you have?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #7
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
I like that set up, what antenna do you have?
Thanks, I dont have an antenna anymore, i had a magnetic one for the roof but it started to scratch up the roof so i returned it. I use it mostly for the PA but that broke so now its useless
Old 10-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
No matter what you mount your best bet is to get the Firestick NGP (No Ground Plain) antena as was in the example in the above post. It doesn't have to be mounted to a metal surface. It's also much easier to tune.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
I have it connected to one of the bolts on the driver side of the bed, between the cab and the box. There are about 6 (?) 10 mm hex head bolts on either side (they run vertically). The connection bonds the antenna mount to the box panel.

I have since changed the setup slightly, I installed an aluminium toolbox in the back. Only difference is that the antenna mount attaches to the box now, instead of the bed rail. The other end of the black wire still connects to the box panel.

I also increased the size of that black ground wire from #16 to #12.

I get an SWR range of 1.1 to 1.8 over the range of channels from 1 to 40.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:38 PM   #10
Tacomake has a spectacular aura aboutTacomake has a spectacular aura aboutTacomake has a spectacular aura about
Tacomake's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished posting my installation:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tallation.html
Old 03-27-2010, 01:41 AM   #11
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Arrrrgh, now I wish I had purchased that CB and copied your instal. Great job!
My trip is coming up so I'm thinking about going with the old realistic CB. Does yours have a PA? I didn't think it did.