rear leaf spring tsb

Old 10-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
glennleno1966 is on a distinguished road
glennleno1966's Tacoma Gallery
rear leaf spring tsb

the the rear leaf spring tsb appl to the 09 tacomas as well
Old 10-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
try looking here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/search.php
Old 10-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
BSP4x4
BSP4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I just got approved for my 2009 !
Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrobert81 View Post
I just got approved for my 2009 !
Congrats man, I cant believe that Toyota hasn't updated the TSB yet.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
What about 2010's? I will be picking mine up in a few weeks(prerunner a/c) and after reading a few threads I am curious to know if Toyota ever fixed this and if I would qualify if they did not. Anyone have a link to the actual Toyota service bulletin?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
What about 2010's? I will be picking mine up in a few weeks(prerunner a/c) and after reading a few threads I am curious to know if Toyota ever fixed this and if I would qualify if they did not. Anyone have a link to the actual Toyota service bulletin?
If you want it done I would ask for it to be done before you drive it off the lot. Tell them you are going to want to do use your truck as a truck, and you know it is a continuing problem.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

I had the TSB rear springs on my 2009 (4x2) done last week. They will do an alignment & add bilstein shocks on non-TRDs.

The new 4 leaf pkg. springs are great.

SOS
Old 10-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
If you want it done I would ask for it to be done before you drive it off the lot. Tell them you are going to want to do use your truck as a truck, and you know it is a continuing problem.

Good advice.

I would have done that when I bought my 2009 ... had I known of the weak 3 leaf springs in the rear.

SOS
Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #9
tanktodd has a spectacular aura abouttanktodd has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
tanktodd's Tacoma Gallery
Rear tsb

Just scheduled an appointment Monday to get springs looked at. They said they needed to look at the truck to see what it needed. At first they told me as long as it was still under warranty then there was no problem. Then I talked to parts dept. and they said they were $600 each and now they want to look at my truck first. What's everyone opinion on what's gonna happen Monday?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
s2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Lee
s2kvtak's Tacoma Gallery
ive been looking throught this site and i cannot find what years are covered under this. can someone point me in the direction or just give me the years please
Old 10-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #11
Molōn labe!
choptop will become famous soon enough

Name: Scott
choptop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kvtak View Post
ive been looking throught this site and i cannot find what years are covered under this. can someone point me in the direction or just give me the years please

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...reference.html
Old 10-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
s2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Lee
s2kvtak's Tacoma Gallery
well dang. i have a 2004 so its not included, but my leaf springs are super saggy!

p.s. if anyone knows where i can get some good used springs from please pm me! thanks