Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #28761
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a brand new take off skid plate off of craigslist. Came off of a 2013 sport that the owner put a westin bull bar on! He didn't know about tw and was looking into a spacer lift. I advised him against it and directed him to Tacomaworld!

Old 03-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #28762
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
I just picked up a brand new take off skid plate off of craigslist. Came off of a 2013 sport that the owner put a westin bull bar on! He didn't know about tw and was looking into a spacer lift. I advised him against it and directed him to Tacomaworld!

If that's the case he will probably be taking his bull bar off and want his skid plate back after he comes on this site
Old 03-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #28763
CanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
CanadianMade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post

Bravo! *golf clap*
Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #28766
AnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud of

AnTiFuBaR's Tacoma Gallery
Well I've had my 2013 for about 4 days now and last night I did a BHLM. Thanks to this forum and all you brilliant people I was able to do it no problem. Given I do have a bit of mechanical savvy and a monsterous tool set but still! I put my new headlights in the freaken oven because a forum told me too. HA HA HA. Anyway, thank you all! I did manage to get some blood on the headlights and truck also. Nothing a few Becks didn't help.

Heads up the 2013 grill and headlights are different than the 2012. Not big differences but definitely not the same. A little shooting from the hip was required but it looks good. If anyone is interested Ill take some pics.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #28767
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTiFuBaR View Post
Well I've had my 2013 for about 4 days now and last night I did a BHLM. Thanks to this forum and all you brilliant people I was able to do it no problem. Given I do have a bit of mechanical savvy and a monsterous tool set but still! I put my new headlights in the freaken oven because a forum told me too. HA HA HA. Anyway, thank you all! I did manage to get some blood on the headlights and truck also. Nothing a few Becks didn't help.

Heads up the 2013 grill and headlights are different than the 2012. Not big differences but definitely not the same. A little shooting from the hip was required but it looks good. If anyone is interested Ill take some pics.
Is there anything different with the process because I plan to do my 13 at some point?
Old 03-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #28769
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
If that's the case he will probably be taking his bull bar off and want his skid plate back after he comes on this site
That's what I'm thinking. I call No Backsies!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #28770
AnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud of

AnTiFuBaR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
Is there anything different with the process because I plan to do my 13 at some point?
Nothing big really. The third bolts on the lights that you have to get to by laying under and reaching up are 10mm. They aren't hard to reach once you find them.

When you go to take the headlights off the body rotate them slowly counter clockwise as you pull them out and they will slide out. Any other way you will be fighting them for a while. (reverse the process to get them back in)

The headlights aren't just "glued" together. They have screws all the way around plus 2 of them are hex screws.

200 degrees in the oven for 8 minutes works just fine for baking them.

Be careful when you take the orange reflector out. The clips are super brittle. I broke both small ones off on one headlight and used plastic model glue to put it back together. Holds fine.

Other than that it went smooth. Separating the lights is a wresting match against time. Once they cool you have to bake them again to loosen the glue again.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #28771
evl21 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: B
evl21's Tacoma Gallery
Tortured myself with some test fitting. Can't wait till it gets nicer out and I can throw a lift/wheels/tires/paint calipers.... on all at once and stop teasing her!
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-20130226_163916.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-20130226_163942.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-20130226_163853.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-20130227_165303.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-20130227_165323.jpg  

Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #28772
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
BluTaco got a bath, sucked out and a shampoo of the upholstery. Gotta be looking good for new tires on Wednesday!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #28773
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Installed a Volant intake with air scoop.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #28774
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
Installed extra turn signals to brighten it up. Wife said it was too dim after the BHLM. The smoked lense on these LED signals dimmed them a bit but oh well.
and...
LED flood light wired to my reverse lights. It's brighter than the H10 fog light that I had mounted there before. Ready to get the other LED flood mounted on the tractor now so I can judge the durability before getting more of them.
Hope you don't do any off roading... those lights under the bumper won't last if you do Ask how many folks have broken off the trailer plug...
Old 03-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #28775
CanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
CanadianMade's Tacoma Gallery
noticed my passenger side mud flap is just about ripped off, hanging on by one maybe two fasteners now... time to replace I guess =( I would like to just keep them off but with the city using gravel on the icy roads and a dark blue truck, I'd rather not have a million chips down the side lol
Old 03-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #28776
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered a set of wet okoles and grabbed a bite for lunch. Now to the beach.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #28777
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I also scored a skid for cheap.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #28779
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Installed a motorcycle bed bar I had made. I'll get it powder coated and LED bed lights installed after I get back from Mexico.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #28780
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
found out my tires rub the front of the fender liner at full lock when the suspension flexes a little now after installing the Spidertrax 1.25" spacers oh well

Products Discussed in this Thread