1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by das56170, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Mar 27, 2008 at 9:01 PM
    das56170

das56170 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab 4X4 SR5 (sold), 2002 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 SR5, TRD Offoad
    Tacoma - Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, volant cold air intake, 3" lift with AAL, 285/75 r 16 pro comp xterrains, 1" differential drop, spare tire mod, hypertech in-line speedometer calibrator, debadged
    I have an 07, access cab, v6, 4x4. I never even heard of of the leafspring TSB before I started reading this forum. Honestly I haven't experienced a harsh ride or any sagging, but I haven't carried anything heavy yet. But I looked under at my springs and there are only 3 leafs. From what I understand I should have 4. Does this mean I should go and get the TSB done? How did you guys go about getting it done? Do I just go into the dealership and ask? I'm not sure if they've even heard of it. By the way I'm in Ames, IA and bought my truck at the Wilson Toyota dealership here in town. (in case there is someone else in this area) Thanks

2. Mar 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
  3. Mar 27, 2008 at 11:04 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    This thread was recently started http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/7158-dealers-who-performed-suspension-tsb.html It should help with finding a dealer who is familiar with it. People have been adding daily.

You just need to complain that you have "a harsh ride when loaded" Those are the keywords they need. They might say they want to test it out. Let them do it and then 99% of the time, they'll do the work with no fuss. Just make sure they give you the Bilstein (yellow and blue TRD shocks) and 4 leaf springs in the back. Some people have been getting the original parts put back on.

4. Mar 28, 2008 at 12:18 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    It probably helps to bring it in to the dealer you bought it from. Print out the TSB bulletin and tell them it feels like it's bottoming out when it's loaded. Some have called the Toyota number and had it pre-arranged. It might be more assured that way.

I don't think it's a much stiffer ride than it was before. It just doesn't bottom out as easily.

I noticed it when I went over a curb. There's an area in the dirt where I work where trucks park when the parking lot is full. You have to drive up over the curb. The dirt side of the curb has a large dip in it from where trucks have worn it away. That's where mine would bottom out even unloaded.

5. Mar 28, 2008 at 8:48 PM
    knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

Member:
    middle
    Vehicle:
    '07 Indigo 4.0l 4x4
    the leading minor of order 1 is not positive definite.
    if you don't have a trd package i'd definitely get the tsb done. they'll put on bilstein shocks along with the new leaf pack and the handling is a world of difference, night and day. loaded or unloaded. to be honest, i wouldn't even say it feels like a firmer ride, just better. although i almost always have at least a little weight in the back. really you could probably just call the dealer and tell them basically what you just told us. "hey i don't like the way the truck handles with weight in it and if heard about something called a tsb that could fix it." if they haven't heard of it, they'll probably just look it up and tell you what to do. good luck!

6. May 27, 2008 at 7:14 PM
    warchi81

warchi81 Active Member

Member:
    Does this problem affect the '08. I have just purchased my SR5 double cab and have not put any load in the bed yet. I'm on the cape as well and would probably take mine to Hyannis toyota. So I'm guessing they are accommodating to this problem as you have been to them already. Should I call first or just go up in person?

7. May 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    you will have to check the part numbers on your truck. I don't think that any of the 08's are included, but some of the earlier ones have been able to get it performed.

8. May 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    it does affect u if u only have 3 leafs in the back...but they havent exteneded it to the 08's yet, so some people are having probs getting it done. some dealers have been cool w/ it b/c its the exact same suspension on the 08's that are on the 05+'s if they only have the 3 leafs.

9. May 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    so can you go to the dealership and just say that you had a harsh ride and they will replace it?

10. May 27, 2008 at 7:30 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Yep. Bring a copy of the TSB PDF with you incase you need some ammo.

If you are on the fence about doing the TSB, do it. The truck rides better and the increased strength back there is always a good thing.

11. May 27, 2008 at 7:34 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    got that, now im waiting to get my parents to ride wiht me to get the tsb or get my licinse then get it

12. May 27, 2008 at 7:36 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
  13. May 28, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    mgaudet7

mgaudet7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    stock except for TRD seat covers
    hmm.. what to do, what to do. I never heard about this till i read this thread and i have never noticed any bottoming out or harsh ride but i havent carried any heavy loads yet either. I probably don't really need this TSB but at the same time i figure it would be kinda dumb not to do it...

Products Discussed in

To Top