1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Floor mat trouble:

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2goldenz, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Feb 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    2goldenz

2goldenz [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Bass Harbor Maine
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD PRO DCSB
    Just received my third set of weather tech mats for a 2013 DC, driver side fits good, rear mat fits good, but the passenger side will not line up. When the twist posts are in the holes the mat rides up on the plastic scuff plate about 1/2 inch.Not good! When the posts are not lined up the mat will lay along side the scuff plate like they should. The reps at Weather Tech say these are the right ones even though the part # on the mats are different than on the P/O . The posts in the truck measure the same on both sides from the scuff plate. The holes measure 1/2 off on the passenger mat. 3 sets the same problem. They now want pictures, oh well. Anybody else have any issues with the passenger mat?

2. Feb 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    it's a carpet adjustment issue.

the older hold downs moved side to side and allowed for any misalignment between weathertechs and carpet.

new hold downs are fixed to the carpet.

I had a slight issue and fixed it by loosening the seat bolts and adjusting the carpet.

but...it's all moot for me at theis point, as I sold my weathertechs and replaced them with factory rubber mats. I did not much like the plastic feel of the weathertechs under foot. my 2010 weathertechs seemed to have more of a rubbber, not plastic feel. (they also were tan not black...not sure if there is any differance...or weathertech changed their materials??)

3. Feb 22, 2013 at 4:08 AM
    2goldenz

2goldenz [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Bass Harbor Maine
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD PRO DCSB
    The techs at Weather Tech admitted that there is a problem with fitting. they offered me a $20 rebate but I told them to keep it I would make them work. I used a heat gun to reshape the passenger side for a passing grade fit. I tried 3 sets all with the same issue. The drivers side is the most important for me anyway since it is a work truck.

4. Feb 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    AstroReutz

AstroReutz Member

Member:
    I'm waiting for my 2013 DC to come in and was planning on ordering Weather Techs before I saw this thread...did the techs say that the issue would be fixed, or are they just saying "deal with it", here's a discount?

5. Feb 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    hutch96r

hutch96r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4X4
    275 70 17 BFG TA KO ProComp shocks 2.75
    I just got mine in last week ish. I had no issues what so ever. Did the digi style mats along with the full back floor mat.

6. Feb 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    dtopgun515

dtopgun515 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrell
    Hey Yall Georgia
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport
    5100's up front set to 1.75, SCS Stealth 6 wheels, Nitto Terra Grappler AT's
    Order these http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/264193-maxfloormat-floor-mats-toyota-tacoma.html from Steve. I've got them in my truck $130 bucks shipped and I don't have any complaints. I can probably take some pictures of them in my truck if you need them but they are just like the weather techs but obviously cost less money. Got mine in two days when I ordered them.

7. Feb 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    NEAScott

NEAScott Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Toledo, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2014 Chevrolet Impala Limited

Products Discussed in

To Top