Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Possible to get a decent winch w/o new bumper?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Vrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to behold
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Possible to get a decent winch w/o new bumper?

I have a base 4x2 5 lug access cab and I'm looking into winches but don't particularly like the idea of having to get a new bumper. If it turns out there's no way to get a winch w/o a new bumper, i'll just hold off but i wanted to check and make sure.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe look at way to mount a winch in the bed of the truck.

Just google "bed mounted winch" and do an image search.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Really the only choice you would have is to buy a reciever hitch winch. Basically you have a winch in a cradle and tow hitch recievers either front, rear or both. The winch and cradle lock into the reciever hitch and your good to go.
very portable and you don't always have to carry your winch with you. Only on your wheeling adventures. Take it off and put it in the garage during the work week and take it with you whenever you like.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:49 AM   #4
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000RG...339155-2173840

Basically. $399 for a smittybuilt xrc8 cable winch and $100 for the cradle.
Then you just need to decide if you want front or rear recievers. Or both.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Someone made a winch mount behind the stock bumper.I'm sure someone will post the link
Old 04-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
do you have the link where they put the winch behind the front bumper.i remember seeing it somewhere here
Old 05-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
do you have the link where they put the winch behind the front bumper.i remember seeing it somewhere here
did you ever find that anywhere? I'd be interested to see that as well.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas View Post
I have a base 4x2 5 lug access cab and I'm looking into winches but don't particularly like the idea of having to get a new bumper. If it turns out there's no way to get a winch w/o a new bumper, i'll just hold off but i wanted to check and make sure.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #12
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post

I remember seeing it too. It had been done.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #14
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOTAC View Post
^^^ that looks nice... wouldn't work with the skidplate on though. I'd have to bring it out behind the license plate like the others have done. Pretty nifty though.
My hitch works with my skidplate. But ok.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #16
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery
Check out flicker or ato I just put one on that Kevin built for me or seach by my name for the link to the pictures took about an hour to put on

Products Discussed in this Thread