Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

weird noise when heat is on

Old 01-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
weird noise when heat is on

i noticed it a couple times lately, when i have the hear on the first speed(low) and the temp turned 3/4 of the way to the right, in the right side vent is a noise that sounds like a fan spinning. when i turn the speed up or turn it off, it stops and when i move the temp dial all the way to the right, it also stops. i was thinking it could be the blower but its only in the right side, only at low speed and sounds like its right behind the dash.. any ideas? thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Hard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: H
Hard's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds Like the Blower. There is a TSB and supposedly updated part. I just had mine replaced under warranty. All the symtoms are there but i never tried switching it to cold so that is an unknown. Does it sound like little crickets?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
Off-road Enthusiast
4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Information Systems Technician
Name: Chris
4x4 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It does in mine, can you post a link to the TSB please
Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard View Post
Sounds Like the Blower. There is a TSB and supposedly updated part. I just had mine replaced under warranty. All the symtoms are there but i never tried switching it to cold so that is an unknown. Does it sound like little crickets?
yeah kinda. i only hear it on the right side tho. thanks for the heads up on the tsb tho
Old 01-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #6
sooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sooner's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
i noticed it a couple times lately, when i have the hear on the first speed(low) and the temp turned 3/4 of the way to the right, in the right side vent is a noise that sounds like a fan spinning. when i turn the speed up or turn it off, it stops and when i move the temp dial all the way to the right, it also stops. i was thinking it could be the blower but its only in the right side, only at low speed and sounds like its right behind the dash.. any ideas? thanks
its your blower motor.just got mine changed 2 weeks ago ,no problems now.dealer replaced for free.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #7
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZ9WVBXBvw
Old 01-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #8
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
I had my blower replaced twice under warrenty...apparently the 3rd revision of the blower motor was the first one to keep the crickets away...
Old 01-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #9
Off-road Enthusiast
4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How do I find the TSB for it? The dealership I go to isn't the best to deal with when it comes to TSB's... they always try to find a way not to do it... but they are the only one in town
Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 Taco View Post
How do I find the TSB for it? The dealership I go to isn't the best to deal with when it comes to TSB's... they always try to find a way not to do it... but they are the only one in town
Check this out...I thought this was an exhaustive list. Am I just missing this TSB on the list?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
Old 01-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #11
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...p-low-fix.html
Old 01-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #12
raiderfan is on a distinguished road

raiderfan's Tacoma Gallery
just noticed this with mine, a week ago, when heater was on low. I was like wtf?!?!? Checked my glovebox for a nest of mice!!!

did a search on it, and found out it was a known issue. so i guess i'll have to take it to the dealer to see if they will replace it for me under the manf. warranty.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #13
Off-road Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan View Post
just noticed this with mine, a week ago, when heater was on low. I was like wtf?!?!? Checked my glovebox for a nest of mice!!!

did a search on it, and found out it was a known issue. so i guess i'll have to take it to the dealer to see if they will replace it for me under the manf. warranty.
Let us know what they say