Notices

Lifted Access Cab 4cylinder ?

Old 01-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
sooperedd is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Edd
sooperedd's Tacoma Gallery
Lifted Access Cab 4cylinder ?

Hey guys new to the site and need a little help.

I am pretty sure I will be getting a new ride this summer and I have narrowed it down to either an FJ Cruiser, 4Runner or an 4cyl. Access Cab Tacoma.

Whatever I get I will put a lift kit on and obviously I won't have any concerns with the FJ or 4Runner.

But I am wondering about a 3"-6" lift on the Tacoma with 31s or 33s. I had an '85 Toyota Pickup that had a 3" lift and I ran 31s on it and I pretty much couldn't use 5th gear.

Any thoughts, insights or suggestions would be great.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure its a 6 lug for the most options in lifting
Old 01-21-2014, 04:57 AM   #3
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Make sure its a 6 lug for the most options in lifting
Wife and myself test drove the Tacoma yesterday and we both liked it better than the FJ. It did have the 6 lugs.

What is the difference between a 5 lug and 6 lug ?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:09 AM   #4
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Just do everything to it this guy did to his and you'll be fine!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...oma-build.html
Old 01-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperedd View Post
Wife and myself test drove the Tacoma yesterday and we both liked it better than the FJ. It did have the 6 lugs.

What is the difference between a 5 lug and 6 lug ?
6 lugs are designated for 4x4 Tacoma's and prerunners.
They share the same suspension and theres many more options for lifts on the 6 lug Tacoma's.

U got coilovers adjustable with a spanner wrench available in the aftermarket, 5100 lift struts ( for zero lift up to 2.5" of lift adjustable off the vehicle), u have lift springs, u have add a leafs, u have do ndle lifts for the prerunners, and so on.

The 5 luggers, u can get spacers, and I'm not sure what else to be honest.

Go to toyteclifts, wheelersoffroad, downsouth motorsports, 4wheelparts, and other sites and see the lift options for the different lug options (5/6lug).
Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #6
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Just do everything to it this guy did to his and you'll be fine!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...oma-build.html
That is an epic build.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
6 lugs are designated for 4x4 Tacoma's and prerunners.
They share the same suspension and theres many more options for lifts on the 6 lug Tacoma's.

U got coilovers adjustable with a spanner wrench available in the aftermarket, 5100 lift struts ( for zero lift up to 2.5" of lift adjustable off the vehicle), u have lift springs, u have add a leafs, u have do ndle lifts for the prerunners, and so on.

The 5 luggers, u can get spacers, and I'm not sure what else to be honest.

Go to toyteclifts, wheelersoffroad, downsouth motorsports, 4wheelparts, and other sites and see the lift options for the different lug options (5/6lug).
Thanks for the info. I am for sure getting the 4x4. I've done a little searching on here and understand that the axles are 4.10s which is good for turning bigger tires but haven't had much luck with the question with the stock engine, transfer case and diffs does it bog down in 5th gear with 31s or 33s ?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:17 PM   #8

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperedd View Post
Thanks for the info. I am for sure getting the 4x4. I've done a little searching on here and understand that the axles are 4.10s which is good for turning bigger tires but haven't had much luck with the question with the stock engine, transfer case and diffs does it bog down in 5th gear with 31s or 33s ?
Sorry Thats 1 question i cant answer..... Hopefully someone else can tho.