1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Foihdzas's Pluckey Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Foihdzas, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mar 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas [OP] VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    My build starts two years late. Since the modifications done to my truck all seemed minor, I had no thought to document them, but I am really starting to get a list of small things going, and one big item being installed soon.

Well, this is she...

The day I brought her home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first modification was to give her a name, since all of my other vehicles received names when I brought them home from the stealershipsal.

Her Full name : Jin Ookami Subarashi
    Direct Translatioin: Silver Wolf Awesome. (don't judge)

Lights .... I love lights!

[​IMG]

Lighted 4x4 switch- http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rcbs204/68173-rcbs204-4x4-illuminated-switch.html

[​IMG] (picture from rcbs204)

Next was some storage and a custom bed rail rack for skis/other stuff
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rebadge
    [​IMG]

Add some REP.
    [​IMG]

Husky Liners all Around
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to keep the rain out whilst on the coast

[​IMG]

DEVIL HORNS: By Andres http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/182262-october-2011-devil-horns-batch.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next was some recovery help. Since I plan on getting a plate bumper, I will need a temporary front recovery point.

[​IMG]

( I cut a hole in the front skid, and put an axle strap around the front cross member)

We cleared out my parents' garage and put two stock tacos in.
    [​IMG]

Then in the day to pass.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CV right after lift
    [​IMG]

CV after two days of off roading
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, got stuck whilst in 2wd - Rookie move
    [​IMG]

A post lift picture
    [​IMG]

Hey there! For those of you who are thinking of getting an OME lift and may think the ride is too stiff, <I am running 885's Nitrocharger shocks and an AAL> THE RIDE IS AMAZING! Over stock bilsteins, the nitrochargers soak up the bumps. I have about 150 pounds of crap in my box, as normal, and she took the washboard and big potholes on the de-activated roads like a champ. I also have top plates for the full 3", and I could not be happier. I have gotten the truck aligned, and as expected, the caster is not to spec, but I cannot detect any difference. between before lift and after. She tracks straight and wheel centers no problem. I still have a rear driveshaft harmonic vibe from 30-60 kph, but even with 2.5 degree shims, I can't seem to get rid of it. The price you pay for changing a stock driveline.

Here are my alignment specs post lift [​IMG]

Removed Secondary Air Filter/Ordered an AFE drop in.
    After waiting a month for my AFE filter, it is here!

I didn't bother taking a picture of the install... why waste the space on the interwebs.

[​IMG]

I finally found a canopy! I was not prepared to spend over $1800 for a piece of fiberglass and windows, so I have been looking since I bought my truck.

I found a snugtop from a person who didnt need it anymore, for $750. A pretty good deal, considering they retail for over $2000.

[​IMG]

I also built a sliding toolbox and something to put a small mattress in if I ever have to sleep in the back of my truck.

<Pictures to come>

Redline Hood Struts

Winch Connection

Just bought a MV-50 for my future OBA install. For now, It just sits in the cab until I have the money and time to figure it all out.

I am currently re wiring all of my aftermarket lights, so I dont have an octopus of wires coming off of my battery terminals. I have a Blue Sea Systems 5026 fuse block,
    and I will be making a bracket to hold it, and three relays for lights and my compressor.

And here it is!

Template
    [​IMG]

Bending it
    [​IMG]

Finished product

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just got myself a new sig thanks to 650H1!

I just pulled the trigger on an ARB Deluxe Bull Bar and a 4X Innovations Rear bumper

The Front.

[​IMG]

Paint:
    [​IMG]

The morning we decided to put it on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am very happy with the 4X bumper. Although shipping took longer than expected due to weather, and a miscommunication with 4X... All is well, and it in my opinion is OVERBUILT! If i ever get in to a serious accident, the bumper will be fine, my frame, will probably look like something that just got hit by a train.

I guess i'm going to need a new sig!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. Mar 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    NRXTM

NRXTM Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2011 toyota tacoma
    AAL?

3. Mar 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...
  4. Mar 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas [OP] VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    Bingo! I drove to oroville to pick up my lift and a buddies lift. Removed the struts and did the rears last night. Was up till 1:30. Then this morning we had the springs compressed, and coilovers assembled. Installed by noon! Found some mud, got stuck twice :) I am super happy with the lift, and rides awesome!

Products Discussed in

To Top