4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

jbmccul's 2007 4Runner Build

Old 07-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #41
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Just ordered

- 4' FireStik II
- FireStik Quick Disconnect
- FireStik HD Spring
- NCG Comet RS-720 Lip-Mount Antenna Mount

Finally taking my CB antenna off the roof!
Derp. Where are you gonna mount this one?
Also with those spidertrax your* truck is gonna wind up almost as dirty as mine. Lol
Old 07-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #42
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
no more alfalfa
Old 07-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #43
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueanimal View Post
Derp. Where are you gonna mount this one?
Also with those spidertrax your* truck is gonna wind up almost as dirty as mine. Lol
It'll mount to the rear liftgate like this

And the spidertrax are already making everything dirty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
no more alfalfa
No, alfalfa will live on on my buddies 4Runner!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #44
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Removed my HydroCarbonFilter

All it really seemed to do was restrict airflow to the engine. I noticed a slight gain in throttle response after removal

And picked up a Westin Bull Bar for $50!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #45
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
for some reason i thoght you had the v8? guess not
Old 07-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #46

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, just the 4.slow
Old 07-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #47
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
sucks for you, my friend has teh v8 in it
Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #48

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
The V8 hauls, but I can always supercharge mine
Old 07-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #49
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The V8 hauls, but I can always supercharge mine
Old 07-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #50

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #51

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy found me a set of 5 brand new 255/75/17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain's that came off a 2012 Rubicon for $400. Looks like I'll have some new tires on this bad boy soon!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #52

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
THULE Bike Racks

Finally got the last piece of my roof rack puzzle in yesterday!

I picked up 2 THULE Prologue Fork Mount bike racks from a friend a couple of months ago and after letting them fall to the wayside with other projects I finally ordered the fit kit from Backcountry.com. The two months sitting in the garage did a little damage to the racks but fortunately I have a bent one I can pull parts from. The first thing I did was swap out the rusted bolts with ones from my donor rack.

The instructions for the Ride-On Adapter were pretty simple and it took maybe 45 minutes to get everything put together.

Here is a shot of them on the truck

So, now with everything installed a few of my friends and I decided to hit the trails to find out if it would actually hold my bike.

The black bike is my Trek 3700 while the red one belongs to my little brother.

So far so good. I've driven about 30 miles with the bikes on today and everything appears stable and secure!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #53
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #54

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks dude! Relocated my CB antenna tonight. I'll get some pictures of my Alfalfa-less Runner tomorrow
Old 07-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #55
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks dude! Relocated my CB antenna tonight. I'll get some pictures of my Alfalfa-less Runner tomorrow
Old 07-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #56

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
u kno we kayjuns arn't gewd at spellin
Old 07-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #57
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
dint says yews spilled rong.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #58

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
o I c, lolz

Here's a crappy nighttime picture of the new CB setup

Old 07-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #59
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
looks better, how long is it?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #60

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
It's a 4' Firestik with a 3" spring and a 3" Quick Disconnect. So about 4 1/2 feet