4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

85 4Runner: Attempted Build

Old 04-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #201
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
you need some halogen replacements and a lightbar.
New headlights may be necessary. I may order a set tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #202
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
Can't touch my swag brah!

That hat is bad ass. Your truck has so much cool old school shit. Did that hat come with the truck too?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:10 AM   #203
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
That hat is bad ass. Your truck has so much cool old school shit. Did that hat come with the truck too?
Thanks mang! Shit if my truck came with a hat I dunno if I would never take it off or frame that thing

I had the hat made cause Ii couldn't find any decent Toyota hats. $20 later and this is what I got.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #204
cab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to all

Name: Corey
cab4you26's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks dude! I've been trying to find another set of these wheels but I haven't had much luck. I really don't want to have to get aftermarket wheels later when I get bigger tires. These stock wheels are super damn narrow though lol I wouldn't go any bigger than 12.50.

I'll just leave this little teaser here...

My plan is to run 35/12.50s on my stock steelies unless I find a set like yours or similar. From what I've read 12.50s on a 7 inch wheel do pretty well.

And nice job on the doors! I want to do the same thing, but I haven't been able to find a set of doors to tear up yet!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #205
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab4you26 View Post
My plan is to run 35/12.50s on my stock steelies unless I find a set like yours or similar. From what I've read 12.50s on a 7 inch wheel do pretty well.

And nice job on the doors! I want to do the same thing, but I haven't been able to find a set of doors to tear up yet!
I have been doing a lot of wheeling these past few days and she goes everywhere I point her to go. I haven't had to air down but I haven't had any problems with 12.50" on a 7" wheel. I like the look more than the wide stance, it just looks more factory/stock to me which is what I like.

And I wish I could take credit for the doors but I only bought them lol I have a metal fab guy and he's been doing the work for me. I can't weld. Pits the first set of doors he's cut up like this too. It's nice being able to tell him exactly what I want, drop my shit off and pick it up when he's done.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #206
cab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to all

Name: Corey
cab4you26's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have been doing a lot of wheeling these past few days and she goes everywhere I point her to go. I haven't had to air down but I haven't had any problems with 12.50" on a 7" wheel. I like the look more than the wide stance, it just looks more factory/stock to me which is what I like.

And I wish I could take credit for the doors but I only bought them lol I have a metal fab guy and he's been doing the work for me. I can't weld. Pits the first set of doors he's cut up like this too. It's nice being able to tell him exactly what I want, drop my shit off and pick it up when he's done.
I do, too. I want my truck to basically appear stock, even though it really won't be. And either way, the doors are sick. I've oftentimes thought it would be easier or cheaper to do a project myself, but then in the middle of it I'm like F*** why didn't I just get someone else to do this haha.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:45 AM   #207
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab4you26 View Post
I do, too. I want my truck to basically appear stock, even though it really won't be. And either way, the doors are sick. I've oftentimes thought it would be easier or cheaper to do a project myself, but then in the middle of it I'm like F*** why didn't I just get someone else to do this haha.
Yup I like the sleeper look. They are getting one more coat of paint before I pick them up today. Super pumped with how they turned out. I didn't do these because I can't weld. Buy doors and having them cut up is still cheaper than buying tube doors.

Can't wait to get to URE this weekend.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #208
Stop staring at me swan!

Headed out to URE this weekend to do some much needed wheeling. I can't wait!

Look ma, cup holders!

Old 04-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #211
Stop staring at me swan!

Thanks man!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #213
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Hells yea. I wish I got some of you on dickey bell. I had a blast!
Haha you and me both man. I was bouncing like hell trying to get up the top left ledge. Hints the damage I guess
Old 04-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #214
Stop staring at me swan!

Dat gangsta' lean dooo

Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #215
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #216
Stop staring at me swan!

^ I totally stole the picture you posted on FB and it's now my background lol thanks man
Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #218
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motostar00 View Post
Those SR5 seats are bad ass. Did woody do those doors for you? I think I seen them up there a few weeks ago.
Yup he hooked me up. He did a pretty good job on em. I knew going into it they weren't going to be perfect but I told him to talk his time.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #219
Stop staring at me swan!

I swapped the GM alternator in with the help of a buddy. It ran fine for a while until it sounded like I had a vacuum leak. Screwed some shit together and no more leak. Also hooked up some LED lights I've had sitting in my closet for over a year.

Since I got my truck back together I decided to go wheeling. Then this happend. It ripped the top bolt straight the fuck out along with a bushing.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #220
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I swapped the GM alternator in with the help of a buddy. It ran fine for a while until it sounded like I had a vacuum leak. Screwed some shit together and no more leak. Also hooked up some LED lights I've had sitting in my closet for over a year.

Since I got my truck back together I decided to go wheeling. Then this happend. It ripped the top bolt straight the fuck out along with a bushing.

You let Mike weld this?