4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

The Rock Lobster

Old 02-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #42
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
What a build!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #43
4Runner Abuser
steezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
steezemcqueen's Tacoma Gallery
Probably time to update ye olde build thread.

If you have been following this thread, you know some pretty major changes have happened to the Lobster.

The TRD Supercharger was pulled off and sold. It was time to get a little crazy with boost.

The specs for this setup are:
Holset HX35 turbo
URD FTC piggyback
315cc Supra injectors
RTI custom built manifolds and exhaust
Intercooler, piping, silicone couplers, and clamps from FrozenBoost.com
Greddy BOV
3 inch Turbo-back exhaust with a Borla XR-1 muffler.

That build thread covers the build of the turbo setup so i'm just going to let the pictures do the talking in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G1np5TXhUQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs7S2jtj8M8

I'm uploading a few more videos now.

Right now, i need to get the bumper and skids back on, Get an AC line made, finish the exhaust as it just dumps after the muffler, and get some tuning done.

The difference between the S/C and this is pretty incredible. The S/C never seemed slow even with all the armor, 35's, and the 4.10 gears. However, it didn't feel much faster(if any) than a stock 4Runner. Even now before the tuning, it will throw you back in the seat.

Once i get it road tuned, i'm going to set up a time with a buddy who owns a shop with a Dyno. It will be cool to see some real numbers.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #45
4Runner Abuser
steezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
FIX THE VIDEO LINKS!!!

Holy shit this is cool.

I like the intercooler setup.

do you even think the bumper will go back on? Fit a winch still??

What i have been trying to picture if/when i turbo mine..
Ah crap. The embed code is different on this forum

Yep the bumper and winch will go back on. I have to trim the top of the bumper a little and i can move the AC condenser and IC back some more if needed.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #47
4Runner Abuser

Quote:
Will it fit a winch???

yea you just have to copy the HTML code..or just the url of the vid. TW does the rest.

But..i found then and watched already haha NEED MORE VIDS! haha
Yep the winch is mounted to the bottom plate. It should all go back just as it was.

Working on a few videos now. I'll post them here once i'm done which should be within the hour.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #49
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, thanks Monte, you have successfully convinced me to continue the build . But Im def putting the sway bar back on.

Dylan that build is beautiful! How much boost are you running? Im not planning on boosting much more than 10psi... for now...
Old 03-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #50
4Runner Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Haha, thanks Monte, you have successfully convinced me to continue the build . But Im def putting the sway bar back on.

Dylan that build is beautiful! How much boost are you running? Im not planning on boosting much more than 10psi... for now...
Thanks man!

Trying to keep it to 10psi as well. The wastegate hasn't been adjusted where i want it yet so its seen 13psi a few times

I need to tune it some more.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #51
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezemcqueen View Post
Thanks man!

Trying to keep it to 10psi as well. The wastegate hasn't been adjusted where i want it yet so its seen 13psi a few times

I need to tune it some more.
Saw that. Im worried about boosting a 130k mile engine but your build is giving me hope. Please don't blow your engine before I get my turbo installed
Old 03-29-2014, 08:47 PM   #52
4Runner Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Saw that. Im worried about boosting a 130k mile engine but your build is giving me hope. Please don't blow your engine before I get my turbo installed
I'll do my best haha.

And here is that other video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qud0D61ig
Old 03-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #53
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
geezs dude. That is sweet. How does the turbo do with low gear rock crawling situations?
Old 03-31-2014, 08:42 PM   #54
4Runner Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
geezs dude. That is sweet. How does the turbo do with low gear rock crawling situations?
Thanks man. Haven't had a chance to wheel it yet but the turbo isn't going to play a huge part in crawling. The SC didn't either but i kinda like how the turbo isn't going to spool up and break something unless i really nail it and hold the pedal down..
Old 03-31-2014, 08:58 PM   #56
4Runner Abuser

Quote:
yea boost isn't need for crawling..not when you have a crawl box..haha
That helps too
Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #57
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
This build is amazing. I approve. Props man. Good work
Old 04-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #58
4Runner Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco52 View Post
This build is amazing. I approve. Props man. Good work
Much appreciated

Old 04-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #59
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
incredible build thumbs up to Monte for linking this