4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

HHIRunner's Build Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
4runners>Tacomas
HHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
HHIRunner's Tacoma Gallery
HHIRunner's Build Thread

Figured I'd properly introduce myself here with a build thread

Current Picture
(August 17, 2014)

(May 3,2014)

MODS:
Suspension:
Radflo 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with 700 lb springs (July 2013)
Radflo 2.5" Extended Travel Rear Shocks (July 2013)
All Pro 3.5" Rear lift springs (July 2013)
LR UCA (July 2013)
1.25" Roger Brown BL (new body mount bolts from Tractor supply) (July 2013)
Wabfab Adjustable Rear swaybar end links (August 2013)
Removed front swaybar (July 2013)
Daystar spacer (Driver side lean) (July 2013)
Toytec Diff Drop and Brake Lines (July 2013)
Metaltech GX470 rear spring seats for RAS to coil replacement (to be installed)

Wheels:
Stealth Custom Series- Stealth 6 (July 2013)
305/65/17 BF Goodrich MT KM2 (July 2013)

Armor:
SOS Concepts Sliders (May 3, 2014)
SOS Concepts 3 Hoop Plate bumper (June 1st, 2014)

Lighting:
CBI Offroad Fab Ditch Light Brackets with LED Cubes (December 2013)
Amber Rigid Dually's in bumper (July 2014)
20" Single Row 10W LED bar on bumper (August 2014)

Communications:
Midland CB-1 (April 2014)
Pyle PA speaker (April 2014)
3' Firestik (April 2014)
Comet RS720 mount on rear hatch (April 2014)

Audio:
Pioneer AVH-x1500 (August 2012)

Miscellaneous:
Body Mount Chop (May 3, 2014)
Interior LEDs
Painted Dash around radio/HVAC Blue (April 2014)
PLASTIDERP (May 2013)

Future Mods
4:56 gearing and ARB Air Lockers F&R
CBI Offroad Rear Bumper with Swing Out TC
Bajarack Roof Rack
HID Lighting on Roof Rack (Who doesn't love the classic round lights?)
Custom Interior Drawer System
Rock Lights
Upgraded Headunit with Navigation
CB/HAM Radios
Dual Batteries
ARB Fridge

Buy my Uncles custom built expo trailer when he sells his Heep to my Dad
I don't have any pics from straight off the lot but this is as close as it gets

Then came the day when all of my new parts were finally delivered

Drove 5 hours up to Charlotte to a buddies shop and got to work

Got all the Radflo Stuff installed and called it a night

Woke up early the next morning and worked from about 9 to 9 with a nice lunch/bolt search break. Finished up with this

More to come eventually when my bank account doesn't hate me.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
-Solve et Coagula-
Silence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Silence9's Tacoma Gallery
Why does your truck have a permanent camper? Nice vehicle!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
4runners>Tacomas
HHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud of

Haha not a camper, but thanks man. Still has a lot more work to be done to it.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit man, that thing is jacked up! lol I have a secret love for T4Runners.

.-. Looks very good, what else is in store for it?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
4runners>Tacomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Holy shit man, that thing is jacked up! lol I have a secret love for T4Runners.

.-. Looks very good, what else is in store for it?

Sliders up next, then I'll start saving for front and rear bumpers, maybe a few lockers and a regear, a roof rack. Pretty much the works over time, and by time I mean like 3-4 years because of college and what not.

And it's okay you have a secret love for T4R's I have one for Taco's which is probably why I'm on this website.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
4runners>Tacomas

Got the CBI offroad ditch might brackets installed not too log ago.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Not shabby my friend. I'll be on looking this build. I remember when i was 16 and started my build thread.. almost 4 years later, it looks like a damn beast.

Yours will be similar I'm sure.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #8
4runners>Tacomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Not shabby my friend. I'll be on looking this build. I remember when i was 16 and started my build thread.. almost 4 years later, it looks like a damn beast.

Yours will be similar I'm sure.

Yep that's the goal. I'm hoping to get as much done as I can this summer before I go off to college.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 AM   #9
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking 4runner I go back and forth all the time whether I like tacos or runners better
Old 01-24-2014, 05:36 AM   #10
4runners>Tacomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993t100 View Post
Good looking 4runner I go back and forth all the time whether I like tacos or runners better

Thanks man. I do the same, when I bought the 4runner I was actually at the dealer looking at a taco, but this was a better deal and it had a V8 so I couldn't say no.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #11
Biznitch15 is on a distinguished road

Navy: PO2
Name: José
Biznitch15's Tacoma Gallery
Jake. Love the ditch brackets! Did you get the duallys or D2's?
Old 01-28-2014, 03:37 AM   #12
4runners>Tacomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznitch15 View Post
Jake. Love the ditch brackets! Did you get the duallys or D2's?

I have a Chinese brand Dually but I think I'm going to upgrade them to D2s
Old 01-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #13
GO TIGERS!
suttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
suttonkb's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to suttonkb
your buddy's T4R is exactly what I want. does he have a build thread?
Old 01-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #14
4runners>Tacomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttonkb View Post
your buddy's T4R is exactly what I want. does he have a build thread?

Yep go on t4r.org and search "A-ha Build Thread" I would link you but I'm on Tapatalk.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #15
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Are you really running 700 lb springs w/out a bumper? How's the ride? I have 650s on my Kings w/out bumper, but haven't driven them yet.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #16
4runners>Tacomas

HHIRunner's Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Are you really running 700 lb springs w/out a bumper? How's the ride? I have 650s on my Kings w/out bumper, but haven't driven them yet.

Yes 700lb springs. I removed my front sway and the ride is great. Perfectly smooth on road and still comfortable offroad. My front end is still smoother than my dads 2010 stock F150.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #17
4runners>Tacomas

HHIRunner's Build Thread

Installed a Midland CB-1 and a 3' firestik the other day with a Comet RS-720 mount on the back hatch
Old 05-05-2014, 06:00 AM   #18
4runners>Tacomas

OP Update
Old 08-19-2014, 06:36 AM   #19
4runners>Tacomas

Went up to Uwharrie on August 17th to do some wheeling with other 4runner guys. It was a great time and no one broke anything.

Going up Dickey Bell hill