SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Wishbone Runner's Build

Old 12-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #81
Senior Noob Member
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
What LEDs did you end up with?
Old 12-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #82
Runner
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
18ws off eBay, they look identical to the OK ones, CREE LEDs, I am sure they are just the same Chinese ones. $76 shipped w/ the amber lenses. I wanted to put them where the factory ones are, but a mounting solution was going to be a bitch, so I just threw them on the bar for the time being until I put a bumper together. Took a quick lap around the block, and they look pretty good
Old 12-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #83
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking Runner man, looks like you have wheeled in some awesome places with some amazing scenery!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #84
Runner
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Great looking Runner man, looks like you have wheeled in some awesome places with some amazing scenery!
Thanks, I have a great time getting out and exploring this beautiful country.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #85
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Clean 4runner man!! You def wheel the shit out of it! I enjoyed seeing all those pics, and I love those wheels. Keep up the work man.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #86
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Clean 4runner man!! You def wheel the shit out of it! I enjoyed seeing all those pics, and I love those wheels. Keep up the work man.
Thanks man, I have big plans for this winter to get er bigger and badder for next year. Is it summer yet?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #87
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics wishbone.
You live in a beautiful state with some great trails.
Great looking runner too.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #88
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
amazing videos and pics, love the runner, i'll be getting one soon.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #89
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
amazing videos and pics, love the runner, i'll be getting one soon.
Thanks, are you getting rid of the taco or just adding to the fleet? What year are you looking at?
Old 01-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #90
Runner

Just ordered 5 of these bad dogs, Hankook RT03 in 295/75/16, a 33.6"

Old 01-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #91
Runner

1" body lift also ordered!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #92
Runner

Got the BL installed, fairly easy other than needing to remove the light bar to get to the damn radiator bolts, the 1" will come in helpful with the new meats, which are now sitting in the garage until spring. Picked up a Miller 180 as well, much awesomeness to follow, super excited to begin fabbing up some new parts for the truck.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #93
Senior Noob Member
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You want to build me a rear bumper while your at it? Think of it this way, it'll be good practice.

But really, I really need to learn how to do my own fab work one of these days... Excited to see what you come up with, I remember a front bumper being mentioned at some point.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #94
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
You want to build me a rear bumper while your at it? Think of it this way, it'll be good practice.

But really, I really need to learn how to do my own fab work one of these days... Excited to see what you come up with, I remember a front bumper being mentioned at some point.
LOL. I am going to start with the rear on my truck, I have been collecting ideas for a while now, and I think it should come together pretty easily, but we will see. If I had your truck to work off of I would say sure!

Do you have a welder? Those welds were from just a couple of hours messing around with it, went through a pound or so of wire.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #95
Senior Noob Member

No, I don't have a welder, nor a place to keep it/work with it. I will be wiring my brothers garage this spring though, and you can be damn sure it will be wired for 240V.

In the meantime, I'll be collecting rear bumper ideas. Especially swingout stuff. Looking like I'll end up back in Boulder this fall so I may just have to take you up on that offer.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #96
Runner

Right on. Taco bumpers look a loooot easier than mine, the 4R has the huge wrap around that will add a lot of complexity.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #97
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Thanks, are you getting rid of the taco or just adding to the fleet? What year are you looking at?
looking into a 13 or 14 4runner trail. yeah ill be getting rid of the Tacoma.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #98
Buckles is on a distinguished road
Buckles's Tacoma Gallery
Those beadlocks look great.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #99
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So :jelly: of the welder! I would love to get one of those and start messing around. They are not cheap though.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #100
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckles View Post
Those beadlocks look great.
Thanks, they are not real beadlocks, just for looks, but I dig them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
So :jelly: of the welder! I would love to get one of those and start messing around. They are not cheap though.
Thanks Pete, I am pretty excited to get started on some bumpers. It was expensive, but for the cost of buying the welder, which is close to buying 1 bumper, I can make 2 bumpers and work on other stuff like spindle gussets, frame reinforcements, make new suspension links, fix shit around the house, and help out others with things like body chops, so I think it will be a solid investment.