SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Wishbone Runner's Build

Old 04-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #161
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Only way to avoid that smell is literally pulling up the carpet, separate padding and carpet, let it dry for 10 hours, use hydrogen peroxide, and powerful carpet cleaner after it was all dry to kill and prevent mold.

It's a lot of work but the smell is avoidable. Go ahead ask me how I know? lol

Old 04-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #162
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
That's nothing...

And the air's dry out here in Colorado, and I'm lazy, It'll dry out.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #163
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #164
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck both of that's! I try to avoid water as much as possible, but I would rather worry about drying out an interior than hydrolocking though!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #165
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The truck is back together (finally) and ready for destruction, so, it needed a good shakedown prior to Moab. I headed out to the Buena Vista area for the weekend to get some fishing in, and then meet up with Brett on Sunday to run Chinaman's Gulch.

I took the Fourmile trail system the back way into BV, and found a nice camping spot by the river.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #166
Because 4R

Finished front end.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #167
Because 4R

Chinaman is a great trail to test out new setups as it can push you as far as you are comfortable with on the optional obstacles, and is difficult enough the whole way through to find any weaknesses. I have run this trail a few times in the past year, and had a few obstacles that I either couldn't get up or got stuck on, that I was looking to see if the new setup would allow me to conquer.

Met up with Brett in Johnson Village then headed to the trail head, we planned to take our time on the trail so I could mess with a few things and get plenty of pics.

Early trail

Old 05-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #168
Because 4R

This downhill sequence came out great showing the flex in the new setup.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #169
Because 4R

My co-pilots.

Up next was the Rock Garden where I had on previous attempts gotten quite high centered and need to get winched off. This time I cruised right through.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #170
Because 4R

Next optional obstacle is the Whale's Tail, I had tried the middle line twice previously and dug my ass into the ground both times prohibiting getting up. The new petite ass on the truck did its job and I didn't come close to dragging it.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #171
Because 4R

Another optional obstacle, got myself good and stuck.

Brett tried to winch me forward and over, didn't work so well, light taco vs stuck runner.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #172
Because 4R

A few more random shots.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #174
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Wow, what a difference! Looks like all your hard work paid off. Nice flex too... I'm jealous.
Thanks man, it was really cool being able to get up the middle line of The Whale and the Rock Pile when last time we were out there I got shut down. I also made it up the steps on the far right, just didn't get any pics, I was actually the most excited about that having never tried that one before.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #175
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Thanks man, it was really cool being able to get up the middle line of The Whale and the Rock Pile when last time we were out there I got shut down. I also made it up the steps on the far right, just didn't get any pics, I was actually the most excited about that having never tried that one before.

The steps? Is that the one I had to winch on when I high centered last time?
Old 05-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #176
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
The steps? Is that the one I had to winch on when I high centered last time?
Yeah, and Steve did as well.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #177
Camps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really nice
Name: Greg
Camps's Tacoma Gallery
Man that's a clean Runner! Love the flex. What color paint did you use on the bumpers?
Old 05-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #178
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camps View Post
Man that's a clean Runner! Love the flex. What color paint did you use on the bumpers?
Thanks man, it is called metallic charcoal by Rustoleum. I did the wheels, sliders and bumpers with it.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #179
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Thanks man, it is called metallic charcoal by Rustoleum. I did the wheels, sliders and bumpers with it.

Looks clean as hell.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #180
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Looks clean as hell.
You could have seen it first hand last weekend . . .