SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Skid plate repairable?

Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
4runner4now is on a distinguished road
4runner4now's Tacoma Gallery
Skid plate repairable?

My stock SR5 2wd 4runner had a little incident this weekend while cruising some washes. A rock appears to have gotten snagged in the stock skid plate and peeled/folded it back around the brace supporting it. Should I go to a junk yard and try to find one or is it repairable? The first is of the left side of the plate and how its supposed to look and the second is of the current situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Skid plate repairable?-2013-01-23_10.41.09.jpg   Skid plate repairable?-2013-01-23_10.40.56.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Doubt it would be worth it to try and repair it. Better off buying a junk yard one or a new one online.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
carlos82 is on a distinguished road

Name: JUAN
carlos82's Tacoma Gallery
NOT WORTH FIXING. I AGREE WITH JWALDZ
Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
zbaldo has a spectacular aura aboutzbaldo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ozzy
zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
Not worth spending the money on one. I consider the oem ones splash guards as they don't do much to protect anything. If you want a skidplate get a real one otherwise leave it alone. Since it's all bent it might be more difficult removing it to change the oil so I guess if you don't want to purchase a legit one and want to have some skidplate replace it. Good luck I remember some dude in the give away section was getting rid of one but wanted 25 for shipping so I backed off as it wasn't worth it to me.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
well, if you have free resources to a welder and scrap metal, it would be worth repairing, you could patch it. it beats not having anything under there. See if there are any members in AZ that could help you accomplish this. Or like others have stated, you could always upgrade.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
4runner4now is on a distinguished road
4runner4now's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies guys! We're selling the 4runner in about a month and a half for a 4x4 tacoma so I kinda need it fixed. None of the junkyards have had one. I just need it to look clean so I was considering getting one of the OEM skid plates for an FJ just to make it look cleaner. Anybody know if the one posted below here will fit a 4runner? (a guy on craigslist has one in new condition he's getting rid of)

Edit: also talked to a mechanic and he called a toyota dealer for me. They wanted $269 for the regular stock skid plate!!

http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-c...skid-plate.jpg