SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

4th Gen 4Runners

Old 04-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (kûrt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
Ha I can tell. You need a Demello front bumper and you're about there!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a lot left to do!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #23
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
washed the 4runner today... already has a coat of yellow pollen on it
Old 04-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #24
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
washed the 4runner today... already has a coat of yellow pollen on it
You can come wash mine next
Old 04-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #25
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
You can come wash mine next
one for the day was enough for me. Real productive day though
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #26

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't even tried to wash mine yet. I know it's just gonna be dirty again in a day
Old 04-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #27
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #28
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
4th Gen 4Runners-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366323189.620902.jpg

My 2005 4Runner. It's got a V8.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #29
Taco noob
.28 is on a distinguished road

Name: miguel
.28's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to .28
My runner.. 04 v8 4WD..

Old 06-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #30
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Just purchased in March an 08 4Runner, how do you turn off the maintenance required light? I thought it would had been the same as my 08 Tacoma but it didn't work.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #31
Dr. Gonzo will become famous soon enoughDr. Gonzo will become famous soon enough
Dr. Gonzo's Tacoma Gallery
Hold down the trip reset button as you start it.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #32
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Hold down the trip reset button as you start it.
Thanks, I will try that this evening.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #33
808g19 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
808g19's Tacoma Gallery
04 T4R V8 SR5 4WD
Attached Thumbnails
4th Gen 4Runners-image.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #34
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Tell me about the offroad capability of the v8 limited? Center locking diff with AWD.....how's that compare to traditional 4x4 system?

With the 4.10 gears and v8 I'd like to put Icons all around and 35's. wheeling style is higher speed with some crawling.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #35
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Tell me about the offroad capability of the v8 limited? Center locking diff with AWD.....how's that compare to traditional 4x4 system?

With the 4.10 gears and v8 I'd like to put Icons all around and 35's. wheeling style is higher speed with some crawling.
We've got one as my GF's DD (on 35's too ) but I havent had a chance to take it offroad too much. As far as I can see, there should be no reason the AWD system would make it less capable once the center diff is locked, that would effectively make it perform like a standard 4wd. One thing to note, stuffing 35's can be done, but I've trimmed a lot and after seeing dirt a couple times I now see a few more spots I have to clearance more for the tires. Also, with the rear doors/body you cant just hack out a bunch more room in the rear, you must limit up travel with longer bump stops so keep that in mind if you like hi speed wheeling in the desert, you're going to have limited rear suspension travel to fit the 35's.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #36
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
He'll ya.......I love that truck, it's that one of your bumpers?

I'm actually really liking Icons hydro bump system that sits inside the rear coil so limiting that up travel may be an issue unless I modify it? It may have to be 33's then since I really want the rear to out perform the front (have learned that from my Taco). I just LOVE how sick 35's look on the runners. When you have a chance if you wouldn't mind posting some pics of the clearancing you did?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #38
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
He'll ya.......I love that truck, it's that one of your bumpers?

I'm actually really liking Icons hydro bump system that sits inside the rear coil so limiting that up travel may be an issue unless I modify it? It may have to be 33's then since I really want the rear to out perform the front (have learned that from my Taco). I just LOVE how sick 35's look on the runners. When you have a chance if you wouldn't mind posting some pics of the clearancing you did?
Hell ya it's one of my bumpers Only released it a few weeks ago for 03-05, still ironing out some of the details for an 06-09 front to work with the redesign they did to the body(grille, headlights, and supporting brackets).

I was going to mention hydro bumps would be a great idea for a supplement to midtravel, just forgot to mention it in the last post so definitely look into going that route.
You could also consider a 1-1.5" Body lift to supplement the suspension lift so you dont have to limit up travel quite as much with 35's.

I agree, 35's look amazing, but they do take work to fit with only 3" suspension lift. I can try and post some pictures when I get a minute, I dont think I have any pics at the moment.

I think if you went with a 34" tire (285/75/17) you could fit with much less trouble due to the slightly smaller diameter and the 1" or so narrower width, but still look better/bigger than a standard 33" tire. Only issue there is 285/75/17 is a specialized size and only a hand full of tires come in that size (BFG KM2, Toyo MT and AT, Nitto Terra grappler, are a few that come to mind).
Old 10-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #39

My 08 4Runner with the 4.0L currently has 85K miles. My question is, about how long does the waterpump last in these 4th generations?....... I know in my 98 3.4L 4Runner they were good for only about 90K and changed out with the timing belt.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #40
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
My 08 4Runner with the 4.0L currently has 85K miles. My question is, about how long does the waterpump last in these 4th generations?....... I know in my 98 3.4L 4Runner they were good for only about 90K and changed out with the timing belt.
I am at 147K on my 04 w/ the 4.0 and still going strong, not many issues with the pump on these trucks. The 4.0 has a timing chain that in theory never needs to be changed, unlike the V8 which has a belt, and both are typically replaced at ~100K.