SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

2014 4Runner is Hideous!

Old 12-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #461
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to try and not pass judgement yet. I didn't like the 13' tacoma at first and I like it now. I need to see it in person...
Old 12-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #462
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
our 2011 trail has it. What is the major drawback for not having the shifter? My 2003 TRD Tacoma has the button and I've never had a problem with it.

I guess less electronics to fail? But its funny that the trail has a manual t-case lever, but still has a ton of electronic aides
Old 12-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #463
2012tacolover will become famous soon enough2012tacolover will become famous soon enough

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Thanks! It did great in the sand. Was fine in 4x4 mode, and crawled through some really soft rutted out sand in 4LO with the ATRAC on. It's the wife's truck, so no plans other than some better tires.
Glad to hear that, enjoy it, I replaced my stock Duelers, they sucked and went with the BFG's and couldn't be happier with them!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #464
hogdoc is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
hogdoc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTaco View Post
That's just the Trail Edition.
Not all Trails have it either, my parents picked up a Trail tonight, it has electronic transfer knob.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #465
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
is this new front end really any worse than the current 4runner nose or the new tacoma front end?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #466
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Just saw this thread & gotta say , I can't look at the 'runner without thinking of one of these pieces of shit.....

& MODS, leave this pic alone

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv pontiac aztek

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 2014 runner

Goddammit !! This is the third time a MOD has removed my pontiac Aztek pics I used in reference to the new 'runner, so which one of you moderbators keeps doing this !?

Come out of the shadows you coward !! I demand it !!!....
Old 12-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #467
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Goddammit !! This is the third time a MOD has removed my pontiac Aztek pics I used in reference to the new 'runner, so which one of you moderbators keeps doing this !?

Come out of the shadows you coward !! I demand it !!!....

haha. Dude c'mon. The Aztecs are hideous. The 4 runners look nothing like the Aztecs. That's like saying the Subaru Baja looks like the 2nd gen Tacoma. Just an absurd comparison.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #468
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha. Dude c'mon. The Aztecs are hideous. The 4 runners look nothing like the Aztecs. That's like saying the Subaru Baja looks like the 2nd gen Tacoma. Just an absurd comparison.

Dude, dont go away, I'm going to repost the pics I found & if you can't at least agree that the similarities are compelling, well it just means you need glasses...
Old 12-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #469
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Dude, dont go away, I'm going to repost the pics I found & if you can't at least agree that the similarities are compelling, well it just means you need glasses...

Just post the link. They probably won't delete that. Man Azteks are hiiiideous. I always think of mre heizenburg when I see one. hahah
Old 12-19-2013, 05:28 AM   #470
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would never consider an aztec.

I have, however, changed my tune on the new 4Runner. Still not "in love" with it, but I like it enough that I'm looking to get one for my wife.

With that being said, I'm buying it for the reliability and longevity that I have come to expect from Toyota. I'm not buying it because of the front bumper. I just hope the dealership can find me one that is equipped the way I want and not have to wait too long.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #471
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdoc View Post
Not all Trails have it either, my parents picked up a Trail tonight, it has electronic transfer knob.
doubt it. all trails have the manual transfer case knob
Old 12-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #472

Quote:
I would never consider an aztec.

I have, however, changed my tune on the new 4Runner. Still not "in love" with it, but I like it enough that

With that being said, I'm buying it for the reliability and longevity that I have come to expect from Toyota. I'm not buying it because of the front bumper. I just hope the dealership can find me one that is equipped the way I want and not have to wait too long.
Atta boy. Falling in the same trap I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabex35 View Post
^this. Unless it's some custom version probably got the sr5
Old 12-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #473
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Atta boy. Falling in the same trap I did.

^this. Unless it's some custom version probably got the sr5
Our SR5 is manual as well.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #474
hogdoc is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
hogdoc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabex35 View Post
Yep, my bad drove it today it has stick, must have been the other one we looked at!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #475
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
First time I saw it in pics, just like the 2012 Tacoma I didn't like it. Saw it in person and I thought it was bad ass.

I'm digging the 2014. So much so, That I'm highly considering trading the Tacoma in on one. . .
Old 12-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #476
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I joined the club a little over a week ago. Bought my wife a 2014 TE! Pics to come at some point.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #477
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I joined the club a little over a week ago. Bought my wife a 2014 TE! Pics to come at some point.
Yes need pics and details please. Also, Congrats! Trails Rock.

I test drove a 2014 SR5 today. Somebody was just pulling off of the lot in the only Trail Premium in the state as I was pulling in. Wanted to test drive it but don't want white.

They have a Black Trail coming into tomorrow I'm going to test drive. I gotta say I was very impressed with the SR5. . .
Old 12-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
Yes need pics and details please. Also, Congrats! Trails Rock.

I test drove a 2014 SR5 today. Somebody was just pulling off of the lot in the only Trail Premium in the state as I was pulling in. Wanted to test drive it but don't want white.

They have a Black Trail coming into tomorrow I'm going to test drive. I gotta say I was very impressed with the SR5. . .

I bet you will be sold on the trail. Although the 2014 trails don't look as different from the SR5s compared to the 2010-2013s.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #480

Quote:
I bet you will be sold on the trail. Although the 2014 trails don't look as different from the SR5s compared to the 2010-2013s.
I am sold on the Trail and I haven't driven it yet. Ended up having to work on my vacation today so I'm going to test drive the Black Trail tomorrow morning if they don't sell it.

The SR5's and Especially the Trails are flying off of the dealer lots up here. It's insane.

P.S. I read on a thread somewhere that you said you wish you had got Silver instead of Black - Why so?