1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Divider

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Johnny E, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Mar 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    Johnny E

Johnny E [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Langley, BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD DCSB 6MT
    Bilstein 6112 & 5160’s, OME EL096R’s, ARB RD129 Air Locker, PacBrake On-board Air, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Custom Behind the Grill Light Mount, 28” Stealth LED Bar, Headache Rack, Trimmed front Mud Flaps
    It would seem I need to build to get what I want, see my light bar http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/269579-custom-light-bar-ultra-stealth.html This time I wanted a divider I could pop out in seconds without tools but sturdy enough to keep things in place and Toyota here wants a mint! After sitting in the box for an hour with pencil and paper I finally found the way!

[​IMG]
    The blue anodized cam locks sinch the sliding mounting tabs that run thru the slots machined in the factory side rails. This slots are machined top and bottom and the tab passes thru both giving it strenth and vertical stability. The tab actually ends up under the bed rail cap. By clamping low leverage is reduced and the bottom of the divider does not move.

[​IMG]
    Here you see the sliding tab details, stainless hardware of course :) There is about 2-1/2 - 3 inches travel in the slide allowing it to drop far enough to clear the tiedown cleats on the rail. Note also the nylon washer on the cam side to prevent gauling of the cam

[​IMG]
    Here is the tab in the released position

[​IMG]
    Tab in and locked on passenger side

[​IMG]
    And drivers side locked and loaded

Now all my stuff is were I left it and If I had paid for all the metal still cheap but I got it for nothing and the cams were only $10!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top