R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Tacoma Snorkel - Test Fit

Old 07-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #41
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Email Sent from a Local.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #42
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are all welcome...

I was contacted on another forum to have this done but decided aginst a snorkal on y truck so I sent him here knowing there would be dozens of ready willing trucks in Masa area.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #43
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. I emailed as soon as this thread came up, and people I told about the thread already got emails back for snorkel tests. Damn, WTF.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #44
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaky wheel gets an email, LOL
Old 08-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #45
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know if you need a first gen
Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #46
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
didnt think about this too much till now....but there will be a supercharger in my truck sometime in the future. wouldnt a snorkel typically not work with with a supercharger??
Delmarva has a snorkel that runs into his CAI then his supercharger
Old 08-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #47
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Oh awesome, thanks for the info! Ill have to get in contact with him to see how this works and if the boost is affected. Regardless, I had to decline the offer since I wont be able to make it to Mesa this week. Im sure he wont have any problem finding a local guy!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #48
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBran View Post
Let me know if you need a first gen
me too, i was the one that sent the email about a first gen yesterday
id put the snorkle through more abuse than most would. when my truck is running anyway!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #49
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
id put the snorkle through more abuse than most would. when my truck is running anyway!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #50

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
So never then?
Old 08-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #51
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
^^ ya so technically since this is my DD and I wheel it my truck see's more than just Jack Stand Alley hehe
Old 08-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #52
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
CROSSES FINGERS!!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #53
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Oh awesome, thanks for the info! Ill have to get in contact with him to see how this works and if the boost is affected. Regardless, I had to decline the offer since I wont be able to make it to Mesa this week. Im sure he wont have any problem finding a local guy!
HHHMMMMMM I will have to get ahold of him. I have talked with one or two other people who have done the same. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a build page for him yet.

EDIT: If you look here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...atibility.html I was in contact with him already about the snorkel and supercharger. He never got back, as you can see from the above link I have been trying to figure this out for a while now.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #54
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
HHHMMMMMM I will have to get ahold of him. I have talked with one or two other people who have done the same. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a build page for him yet.
I have driven that truck when it was still with the previous owner who did all the mods. That fucking thing hauled ass and the supercharger performance was not impeded in any way that I could tell.
Virgilus11 was the previous owner - unsure if he has a documented build - he owns a Tundra now.
FWIW I drove a supercharged 1st. gen for 11 years too.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #55
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I have driven that truck when it was still with the previous owner who did all the mods. That fucking thing hauled ass and the supercharger performance was not impeded in any way that I could tell.
Virgilus11 was the previous owner - unsure if he has a documented build - he owns a Tundra now.
FWIW I drove a supercharged 1st. gen for 11 years too.
Was it snorkeled with the supercharger? Thats the key... According to my link above it wasn't and he was installing on and getting back to me on any affected power but never did.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #56
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Was it snorkeled with the supercharger? Thats the key... According to my link above it wasn't and he was installing on and getting back to me on any affected power but never did.
When I drove it like two years ago it had the snorkel and supercharger installed.
Also has a really badass dual battery relocated behind the rear seats IIR.
Also the first taco I saw in person with a snorkel.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #57
Quote:
When I drove it like two years ago it had the snorkel and supercharger installed.
Also has a really badass dual battery relocated behind the rear seats IIR.
Also the first taco I saw in person with a snorkel.
Interesting. I would like to get a hold of him then to pick his brain. Thats really the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the snorkel yet.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #58
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Quote:
Interesting. I would like to get a hold of him then to pick his brain. Thats really the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the snorkel yet.
You'd have better luck with Delmarva since he is the current owner. He recently returned from a trip to Africa... Go shoot him a PM - I'm sure he'll answer any questions you may have.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #59
lavarider is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
lavarider's Tacoma Gallery
shoots I live in the rainest city in the U.S. HILO Hawaii !!! please send me one ! you guys in zona dont need that thing its all dust and dirt ! we have rain and mud thats what its for right ?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #60
Quote:
You'd have better luck with Delmarva since he is the current owner. He recently returned from a trip to Africa... Go shoot him a PM - I'm sure he'll answer any questions you may have.
Yea, I shot him a PM already. We were talking a while back about it but he never got back to me.