Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

WHOS GOT AFTERMARKET GPS????

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
WHOS GOT AFTERMARKET GPS????

im not talking tom tom, or magellin. im talking like trail gps... i want a smaller dash mounted gps that includes altimeter and trail maps maybe even outside temp? (i have a first gen) anybody have something like this mounted?
Old 11-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for interest
Old 11-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kinda thinkin something like this but....
http://www.amazon.com/Brunton-MNSVEH...0528990&sr=1-4
Old 11-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
pavement is boring....

last year in MOAB i ran into some dirtbikers they both had GPS starpped t the bikes, with the trail we were on hilighted.... im assuming they down loaded the map of the trail or bought it. that is bad ass tho to have the trail outlined on ur gps. thats what i want. i thik thats something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GPSMAP-...0529259&sr=1-1
Old 11-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

looks like a simple enough as long as those rubber suction cups hold up..
im still looking for a good gps as well
Old 11-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
last year in MOAB i ran into some dirtbikers they both had GPS starpped t the bikes, with the trail we were on hilighted.... im assuming they down loaded the map of the trail or bought it. that is bad ass tho to have the trail outlined on ur gps. thats what i want. i thik thats something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GPSMAP-...0529259&sr=1-1
Yea it would be nice to see any trails you were on and how long they were and so on... looks like a decent device Garmins a solid brand too
Old 11-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
pavement is boring....

yeah im really interested in people's reviews. i want something that is easy to read, i can inerst sd cards with trails or down load trails on it... i just remember thinking when i saw those dirtbikers.... "damn, wish i knew where i was! and how much further we have to go" i kick myself all the time for not asking those guys about their gps
Old 11-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #9
pavement is boring....

im doing alot of searching, what about this one. cheap and it says it is usb campatible for map downloads. thats exactly what im talking about

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-eTrex-V.../ref=de_a_smtd
Old 11-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #10
pavement is boring....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
Check out the Delorme PN 40 or 60. Awesome. Can add your own maps.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FVLTNA/...l_822ia70b9m_b

that one says "hiking" does that make a difference? im thinking not but thought id ask. look nice, very technical tho. may be more than i may need? maybe i shoiuld walk into rei and see what they tell how to choose a gps? there are SO many options
Old 11-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I use a Garmin Oregon 450 - touch screen, you can load topos & uses mini sd cards.
My friend Todd swears by his Garmin 60csx. Its a non touch screen but has expansion slots etc.
We both have downloaded trail maps for snowmobiling & topo maps.
As far as mounts, we both use ram mounts.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #12
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that one says "hiking" does that make a difference? im thinking not but thought id ask. look nice, very technical tho. may be more than i may need? maybe i shoiuld walk into rei and see what they tell how to choose a gps? there are SO many options
I use it on my dual-sport bike. Like it a lot. It's pretty much just like the 60CSx you posted. I'd think in the truck you'd want something w/ a bigger screen though.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #13
reastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to all
Name: Adam
reastiebeagle's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Delorme PN-6o I use for hiking/fishing/drift boat; love the unit but the screen is small. Definitely too small to use efficiently in a vehicle, especially a moving one.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #14
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
we have one. i for got what it is. idk wear dad put it. but he’ll be home later and i’ll ask him. and post.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #15
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
my tomtom sucks but it works
Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #16
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
No use for those things anymore, phones are far stronger. This is, provided you get one that doesn't rely on A-GPS. I know the Androids rely on data for Almanac data, so as long as they're left on, they work fine.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #17
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #18
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
iv got a little garmin eTrex Ventur HC
iv never downloaded any maps on it tho mostly i use to find my way out
Old 11-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #20
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im doing alot of searching, what about this one. cheap and it says it is usb campatible for map downloads. thats exactly what im talking about

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-eTrex-V.../ref=de_a_smtd

This is what I've got. Works great. Maps are really easy to load and view

Products Discussed in this Thread