1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just a little sub help please...

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by metrick1215, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Jul 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    metrick1215

metrick1215 [OP] Pirate Medic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Habersham GA..
    Vehicle:
    Black 2008 4x4 4door
    OK so i couldnt find what i was looking for in the audio thread... I have a 2007 DC and looking to put a sub behind the driverside rear passenger seat... i will be building my own box for this sub and it will be a sealed box...

I have a Sony XM-2002GTR amp [FONT=arial, helvetica][/FONT]200 watts x 2 4 ohms[FONT=arial, helvetica], 250 watts x 2 2 ohms RMS .....[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]400 watts x 2 4 ohms[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 600 watts x 2 2 ohms Max..... I already placed the amp under the seat because i wired everything for my new stereo that is coming this week... so sub in a few more weeks (paramedics make crap)... i have couple of questions

1. Do i need a shallow Mount sub or will any 10inch Sub fit (magnet depth is what im talking about)

2. What is the CF that i can get out of this space?

These are my options i have been looking at for a sub

Polk
    To match all my other Polk speakers already in the truck

RF
    Good quality and have used them before in other installs

Ive done plenty of installs for subs and stereos but never in a box that was supposed to fit behind something.. Usually i have done a trunk or taking up the entire back seat of a Access cab...
    [/FONT]

2. Jul 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    1. You don't have to have a shallow mount sub if you go with a 10" sub. I have a JL Audio sub with a mounting depth of 4.9" and there's room to spare.

2. I purchased a sealed box from SuperCrewSound.com and it has .65 cubic feet. Your box will obviously be a little different since you're building it, but I imagine it will be have a similar amount of air space.

Although Polk makes good subs, don't buy a one just to match your other speakers. Making sure the speakers are the same brand is definitely a good idea. But its less important for the brand of your sub to match the brand of your speakers. However, if a Polk sub sounds the best to you, then by all means go ahead and buy it!

Polk and RF both make good subs. Just choose whichever sub sounds the best for your budget. Personally, I think Polks sound better than Rockfords on average. But I bet there are lots of people on here that think the opposite. Its just up what sounds best to you.

3. Jul 8, 2013 at 5:34 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    I stuffed two 10 RE audio subs behind my seat with my own custom box. I did have to put spacers on the back seats to push them out a little bit. But of course all the plastic behind the seat were removed to make room for the sub box

4. Jul 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Best bet is to look at the ********* or Supercrewsound boxes for the dimensions they list, as you won't get much more space or depth then they have. Many 10" will fit, but the mount depth is the most limiting factor. CF does come into play, but any sub that will make the mount depth limit will usually play fine in .65-.75 cf.

And, as mentioned, you can get more mount depth and/or cf but you'll need to start getting creative with seat mounts, removing trim, use passenger side, etc.

5. Jul 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    Tj0hn

Tj0hn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Stock TRD Sport 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top