Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

2012 Avid Light Bar

Old 02-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #21
gtec913 is on a distinguished road

Name: glenn
gtec913's Tacoma Gallery
woowhooo...so while i was cleaning my truck today the UPS lady came. As she open the hatch she said. "i got what you need" i was like i bet you do... haha lol and it was my light bar.. great customer service and product by brandon even if it took more than a month cuz they were really bizzy but it was worth the wait. Can't wait to install it.. thanks brandon..
Old 02-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i saw this beast at the shop. hes going to have so many orders!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #23
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
i saw this beast at the shop. hes going to have so many orders!

Thanks for that......making it even harder to wait for this!!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #24
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
brandon just sent me an email telling me they started building mine. these next couple weeks are going to be hell. i'm not a very patient guy to begin with. thanks for the great customer service so far brandon!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #25
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
Thanks for that......making it even harder to wait for this!!
its so cool, if i had a 2nd gen and i wasnt going with plate bumpers or a completely new tube bumper i would put it on my rig for sure
Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #27
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
I really like this a lot. I would color match mine MGM though............................
Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #28
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can you try to post a link to the new thread in here so we all know when it's up??
Here you go..
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/avi...ml#post4503324
Old 02-11-2012, 02:55 AM   #29
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I sent you a message about wrapping my 12 in Avid, look forward to doing business yet again
Old 03-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #30
Mts49 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Mts49's Tacoma Gallery
Other light mounting options?

Can the light tabs on this bar be modified (special ordered maybe) so that the lights can be mounted "inside" the top loop of the bar?

Like this:

Sorry for stealing the picture... Hope you dont mind

OR if the lights could be mounted upside down from the normal tabs on the top of the hoop?
Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #31
tranceporter is on a distinguished road
Name: Rishi
tranceporter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tranceporter Send a message via Yahoo to tranceporter
Do these come unfinished or do you guys paint/powdercoat them? I'd love to get a front+rear set but wish they were more like grill guards.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #32
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mts49 View Post
Can the light tabs on this bar be modified (special ordered maybe) so that the lights can be mounted "inside" the top loop of the bar?

Like this:

Sorry for stealing the picture... Hope you dont mind

OR if the lights could be mounted upside down from the normal tabs on the top of the hoop?
Couldn't you just mount the lights upside down from the top tabs??
Old 03-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #33
Mts49 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Mts49's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Just keep ur state laws in mind.............u could just flip ur lights upside down and use avids tabs as is, but if ur state requires view of front license plates, u may have troubles.

Brandon, thanks again for a superior lightbar!
I'm in AL or maybe MS in the future, so no worries about the plate.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #34
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
Officially started putting all my extra cash from today on towards a set of these. Just what I was looking for. They look awesome!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #35
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
Brandon- nice chatting w/ you today and thanks for answering all of my questions. Ordered up a light bar using the discount code- looking forward to seeing it on my new Taco

Mike
Old 03-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #36

Brandon, I'm trying to keep track of the total weight of everything I add on my truck and was wondering what the individual weight of your Rear and front bumper guards are??

UPS shipping list said 32 lbs, obviously not correct! Thanks!!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #37
2012TacoTX is on a distinguished road

2012TacoTX's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
I read in a thread on here that you're developing a rear bumper guard as well for the 2012. I believe it said EOM. Is this true?? If so, I might be in for a pair. Hopefully the discount is still around by then.

i just posted pix of mine up on the boards... subject line 2012 avid light bars... front and rear.

just thought i would share so you could see
Old 03-31-2012, 03:09 AM   #38
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Brandon, I'm trying to keep track of the total weight of everything I add on my truck and was wondering what the individual weight of your Rear and front bumper guards are??

UPS shipping list said 32 lbs, obviously not correct! Thanks!!
The 32 lbs is the weight of the light bar. The rear bumper guard is about 38 lbs. They're pretty close in weight.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #39
socal147 is on a distinguished road
Name: patrick
socal147's Tacoma Gallery
Received my Avid Front Bar yesterday. Damn, It was very clean and well made. I did not have to prep to much prior to painting. Just wiped it down with some alcohol. Installed today. The fit was perfect. Getting to the bolts during install was difficult but doable with a bit of contortion.

A Big Thanks to Brandon for everything.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Avid Light Bar-011.jpg   2012 Avid Light Bar-013.jpg   2012 Avid Light Bar-014.jpg  
Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal147 View Post
Received my Avid Front Bar yesterday. Damn, It was very clean and well made. I did not have to prep to much prior to painting. Just wiped it down with some alcohol. Installed today. The fit was perfect. Getting to the bolts during install was difficult but doable with a bit of contortion.

A Big Thanks to Brandon for everything.
Good looking man! Got my front and rear powder coated and installed last weekend! Loving them as well!!