Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Bed Rack?

Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Rack?

I've seen a few threads around TW lately about a bed rack that Brandon supposedly made for one or two guys. And it looks awesome. Who else would buy one? I think this type of rack is the perfect mix of form and function. It's versatile and it looks way cool!

I emailed Brandon about this but I know he is a busy man. I'm wondering what everyone else would think about these racks? If I were to buy one, I'd want it made at Avid.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
If I had the need for one. I would make him make me one
Old 05-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have some pics?
Old 11-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Still trying to find the right rack for my Tacoma.

User AllBLKTaco has a bunch of pics of the custom Avid rack in his photos. Here is one before it was mounted:

Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery

This one is made by brute force, I like the way Billy pulls in support from the actual bed mounts instead of just having it sit on the rails. Nothing against AVID's design at all, just personal preference. All four corners are bolted through the bed to the frame.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
Professional Goofball
zul's Tacoma Gallery
That is a beautiful rack, benbacher. However I think I still prefer the Avid one. It's a little lower, with the rear end having a raised bar to act as a rack mount. I love the design of the top corner crossbars with an open space in the middle and the parallel bars between the supports. I also prefer the mounting setup... I Don't think I would ever need supports going into the bed mounts because.. well, I don't plan on using it as a roll cage anytime soon

Alas, I'm not sure Avid is willing to make a production version. I may have to stick with the easily accessible all-pro alternative. :/
Old 11-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
snowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ted
snowshredder555's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post

^^^wow^^^

Where'd you find that pic? I didn't think anything like this was floating out here..
Old 11-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post

User AllBLKTaco has a bunch of pics of the custom Avid rack in his photos. Here is one before it was mounted:

Now I like that! very clean lines
Old 11-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
i want to get a custom one made that has removable layers and a collapsible platform on top for a large tent.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
Jay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay9722's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Now I like that! very clean lines
I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
Professional Goofball
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9722 View Post
I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
You're not the only one!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post

This one is made by brute force, I like the way Billy pulls in support from the actual bed mounts instead of just having it sit on the rails. Nothing against AVID's design at all, just personal preference. All four corners are bolted through the bed to the frame.
What did that run if I may ask?
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You may ask, but you should ask billy because I have no idea
Old 11-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can't unseen that. Very cool.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
This one is made in NM and can be shipped.
http://anbcustomfabrication.webs.com...s/show/3504747

Old 11-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
I can't unseen that. Very cool.
Pmed
Old 11-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
dont tread on me!

I like that one for a bolt together kit. I'm just dreaming either way. I still have to pay billy when my bumper is ready.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
Professional Goofball
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Build it yourself!!

I did..
not everyone has access to the type of equipment nor the skills required to make one themselves