LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Blacked out Decals

Old 04-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
cstainton will become famous soon enough

cstainton's Tacoma Gallery
Blacked out Decals

Looking for blacked out declas if anyone has any and is willing to trade or sell. I have chrome ones.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstainton View Post
Looking for blacked out declas if anyone has any and is willing to trade or sell. I have chrome ones.
do as lots of us have done and take them off and paint them/reinstall them. cheap and easy to do.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
do as lots of us have done and take them off and paint them/reinstall them. cheap and easy to do.
X2 alot easier then going through the hassle of buying and shipping them...
Old 04-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #4

Okay ill just do that.. thanks.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
No problem
Old 04-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Okay ill just do that.. thanks.
adhesion promoter and duplicolor flat black....works perfectly.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
adhesion promoter and duplicolor flat black....works perfectly.
did you sand yours down and take off all the chorme or not?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I would use a clear coat as well, no need to take all the chrome off you just want to scuff it up enough for the paint to stick.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I would use a clear coat as well, no need to take all the chrome off you just want to scuff it up enough for the paint to stick.
So what do you actually do? i really dont want to mess it up hahaha.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
The procedure for painting is...

1. Remove badges and wash them. I just put them in a bucket of water with car wash in it.

2. Spray adhesion promoter. (2-3 coats) Wait 5 minute before next step

3. Spray paint the badges. (3-4 coats) Wait 15-20 minutes before touching and rebadging.

Smile and be happy with you work
Old 04-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #11

Quote:
So what do you actually do? i really dont want to mess it up hahaha.
on mine.....took them off, washed them real good with dawn dish soap/hot water and a scrub pad, let dry, then use a few coats of adhesion promoter...then a few coats of paint, let it dry between each coat of a.p/ paint, then reinstall with 3m tape. i didnt use clear coat since i didnt want any shine....but use clear coat if you want a glossy look.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

First step: sand the emblem down scuff it up lightly with 160grit sand paper
2nd step: spray the krylon fusion Black spray paint on it i used 5-7 coats let it dry nice in the sun wait 10-15 mins per coat
3rd step: spray the clear coat on 5-6 coats as well wait 10 min per coat
4th step: get some 3m automotive emblem tape i got mine from ebay attach on the back use a sharp knife or tool shape it like the emblem.
So the items you want are black krylon fusion spray paint
clear coat i used matte cause i dont like a shiney emblem
sand paper 160 grit
3m automotive emblem tape you can find it at auto stores or ebay
Old 04-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
or you can read this thread here too... has PICS
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...e-badging.html
Old 04-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
The procedure for painting is...

1. Remove badges and wash them. I just put them in a bucket of water with car wash in it.

2. Spray adhesion promoter. (2-3 coats) Wait 5 minute before next step

3. Spray paint the badges. (3-4 coats) Wait 15-20 minutes before touching and rebadging.

Smile and be happy with you work
ok cool one more question... how do you get the badges off?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #15

Quote:
hair dryer and fishing line. heat up the emblem.......use fishing line behind it.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Fishing line do it ina saw like motion up and down people use heat guns but be careful you dont heat the paint can cause damage and use strong fishing line.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #17
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
dude, you really need to check out the SEARCH tool we have here.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
dude, you really need to check out the SEARCH tool we have here.
nah....remember....we aint like some of the other sites with search nazis!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #19

Thanks Guys you were a big help im going to do it right now. Ill post pics when im done.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #20
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Definately, if you have question during the process post them up.