Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Blacked out Emblems

Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Blacked out Emblems. PICS inside!

Hey guys,
Just wanted to share some pics of my accomplishments today. I blacked out my emblems. Here are some before and after pics.

Before:

Debadged:

Blacked out:

Old 09-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man! nice work
Old 09-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
looks great man! nice work
Thanks. Looks like you got a superwhite tacoma as well. You should do it if your into the blacked out look. unless u dig the chromeness
Old 09-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
Thanks. Looks like you got a superwhite tacoma as well. You should do it if your into the blacked out look. unless u dig the chromeness

they are ALL coming off VERy soon... maybe even this week. I really dig the "clean" look that presents. With that said...I would paint them black if I kept them.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they are ALL coming off VERy soon... maybe even this week. I really dig the "clean" look that presents. With that said...I would paint them black if I kept them.
want to mail me yours?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
want to mail me yours?

going to hold on to them.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
going to hold on to them.

no worries...i dont really need them

whatcha got planned for them?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #9
do w3rk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
YES....That looks AWESOME!!!
Thanks!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
no worries...i dont really need them

whatcha got planned for them?
prolly collect dust in a corner somewhere. LOL
Old 09-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #11
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Looks super clean! You should write a "how-to". Is there one already on the site? I couldn't find it

For the grill, do you just tape the area off or actually remove the grill?
Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
Looks great!!!

There is a DIY thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...e-badging.html

I started mine today. I took off all the emblems and cleaned them. I only painted the two for the sides. It started getting dark and I didn't want to rush it so I'm going to wait until the morning to put them back on. I have to clean and paint the back ones too. For the back, I'm just debating if I should put all the emblems back or just the Toyota and/or Tacoma one.

Pics to come as soon as I'm done. Thanks to everyone for posting how to do it. Was a piece of cake.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #13
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
just thought I would share my fun this weekend. I painted my tails and 3rd brake light. Pic is just ot the tails though, Ill get better quality ones tomorrow

thats using krylon fusion satin black with several coats of clear over it
Old 09-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #14
do w3rk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
Looks super clean! You should write a "how-to". Is there one already on the site? I couldn't find it

For the grill, do you just tape the area off or actually remove the grill?
The toyota emblem on the grill pops right off. Open up the hood and you will see it. Hope this helps
Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #15
do w3rk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_TazComa View Post
Looks great!!!

There is a DIY thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...e-badging.html

I started mine today. I took off all the emblems and cleaned them. I only painted the two for the sides. It started getting dark and I didn't want to rush it so I'm going to wait until the morning to put them back on. I have to clean and paint the back ones too. For the back, I'm just debating if I should put all the emblems back or just the Toyota and/or Tacoma one.

Pics to come as soon as I'm done. Thanks to everyone for posting how to do it. Was a piece of cake.
Show us some pics when u get them on tomorrow In my opinion, leave some of the emblems off. it looks cleaner and makes the ones left on stand out.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #16
do w3rk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
just thought I would share my fun this weekend. I painted my tails and 3rd brake light. Pic is just ot the tails though, Ill get better quality ones tomorrow

thats using krylon fusion satin black with several coats of clear over it
looks good. Not too dark which is perfect.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #17
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Niiiice man!

When you get completely done plzzz post more pics. I am about to do the same thing on my white taco and want to see some pics of the whole truck, not just the emblems up close.

Also trying to decide what to do with that chrome around the front grill....

off topic: what skid plate is that one the front of your truck?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #18
do w3rk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
Niiiice man!

When you get completely done plzzz post more pics. I am about to do the same thing on my white taco and want to see some pics of the whole truck, not just the emblems up close.

Also trying to decide what to do with that chrome around the front grill....
i am not too sure if I will be putting on the side tacoma emblems. I kinda like it debadged
Old 09-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #19
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #20
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
damn you didnt even lay down tape and still made it look straight. looks great