Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

UCA

Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
esse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esse10's Tacoma Gallery
UCA

Hi fellow Tacoma world mates, I have been reading several threads and posting around here about Upper controal arms ball joints with no luck.

here is my question,
Does anybody know if you can replace the upper ball joints in a 2nd generation Tacoma and if there is a step by step diy thread on that.

thanks
Old 11-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
this thread shows how to remove a stock ball joint, installing would be just the reverse

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...a-install.html

hope this helps!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #3
esse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esse10's Tacoma Gallery
ball joints

hey thanks I was wondering why there was not enough talk about replacing just the ball joints and everybody is just talking about replacing the whole control arms instead. I don't do any Off-roading or Lift my truck up so I think keeping the original hardware is sufficiant for just pave roads... ***Somebody Please chime in on why I would need to replace a perfectly good part(UCA) and spend 600 plus dollars when I can just replace the $40 dollar ball joint. ***
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Upon my signal, unleash Hell
Skootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jeremy
Skootter14's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, you dont need to replace UCA's unless you have a lift. My understanding is new UCA's on a lifted truck help the truck get realigned to factory specs for a "new truck" ride while having the lift you want on it, and it also allows the suspension to fully flex as comparted to being "stopped short" by factory UCA with aftermarket suspension. Just my 2 cents
Old 12-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Yea man if you just drive on the road there is no need to upgrade to a beefy control with a uniball or something. Toyota made them just fine for street driving. If you wear out your ball joints after thousands and thousands of miles then just replace it. Think about what you are going to use your truck for then go from there. Save money for other things.