Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Florida Visit - Suggestions Please!

Old 12-10-2010, 04:02 AM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Florida Visit - Suggestions Please!

My buddy and I are going to trailer our bikes down to Florida next Wednesday...we gotta get one last ride in this season!

We're staying in Jacksonville and looking for some good spots to ride out to.

Can anyone recommend some really good BBQ places, motorsports related spots, distilleries, or any other interesting places within 3-4rs of Jacksonville?

-Thanks!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:21 AM   #2
sirwamz has a spectacular aura aboutsirwamz has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Gas Systems Technician (Mechanical), USS Donald Cook (DDG 75) [2004-2009]
sirwamz's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going down there too!!!!! I'm going to visit some friends from the Navy and spend christmas w them. Small world since we kinda of live close by
Old 12-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
There is a Anheuser Busch plant here that you can go take a free tour and sample some beer at the end. There is the Zoo not to far from it as well. A friend of mine just opened up a nice BBQ joint on the south end of town, well worth trying out. There are quite a few race tracks within 2-3 hours drive, Im not sure what they have going on for events though.

The first city of the USA, St Augustine, is 30 minutes south of here. Nice trip down A1A from here is full of scenery. World Golf Village, hall of fame is right outside of town as well.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Daytona Beach lol. Need I say more?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Citrus for Off Road and or Ocala and Croom
Old 12-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on A1A. Also St. Augistine beach would be a nice ride especially up A1A there. A more local road to Jax is Heckscher drive which eventually leads to A1A towards Fernindina beach.

I think it would be an awesome day to ride the bikes to Fernandina Beach in the Morning. Go over the Dames Point then go to downtown Fernandina and pick up some awesome seafood at the Marina Restaurant then head down A1A down to Mayport and take the ferry across then head down a1a all the way to St. Augustine and grab diner there and then go to the beach. Then spend the night there or if you want to go back to your hotel in Jax, hop on 95 and you'll be there quicker.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
jward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Aviation
Name: John
jward2331's Tacoma Gallery
take a ride down 13, once you get below the Shands bridge it gets nice along the St John's River. 16/13 is together until you get to Ward's Creek, keep on 13. There is a place called 8 1/2 Mile Crab Shack which is decent most of the time. Stay on 13 until it get's to the end then you can go left to St Augustine or right to Palatka. When that road ends on 17, take a left and stop at the biker bar Chyanne (sp). From there, you can head South on 17 then look for 100 E toward Brunell (again spelling is wrong, getting old). That will dump you on US1, take a left there and you end up at "Destination Daytona" which is a big complex that has the Daytona HD store, a few BBQ places, and other vendors. Great place to visit.
It is a lot to read throuhg, but look at a map and it all makes sense. Have fun and let me know how it went. I've been riding in this area for the past 15 years. PM if you have questions.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #10
Stickers and new floormats arent Mods
weiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JK
weiser5150's Tacoma Gallery
Mojos BBQ at Jax beach or Lakewood
Old 12-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #11
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Ohhhhhhhh guys!!! This trip furthers the fact that I need to GTFO of VA.

Yesterday we rode down A1A from Jacksonville to Daytona Beach.

We stopped at some of the beachside parking areas with the decks and sat around smoking, lauging at everyone stuck in VA, and having a good time. Marineland and Flagler Beach were two places we stopped at.

Honestly we were a little disappointed with Daytona - it wasn't as built up as we thought. We rode the A1A down Daytona and then Rt 1 back up to see if there was more stuff.

We had lunch at Finn's in Flagler Beach. Saw a Honda ST1300 Police pull over a VW Beetle from the top deck of the restaurant. I had a massive fish sandwich that was awesome!

Today we're going to drive out to St Augustine. We passed by it last night coming back to Jacksonville and the place was lit up for Christmas. Its looking like rain today so the bikes will stay parked.

Actually, I better go crop dust my buddy and get him up so we can grab lunch down there.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #12

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a handful of the photos we took

We just pulled up to my buddy's friend's place.

We had just been on the road for 14hrs but we didn't come down here to kick back :P We stopped at some baller marina/condo thing.

I'm on the left. This was our second day riding. At a beach off the deck next to Marineland.

Brews and lunch at Finn's in Flagler Beach

Mileage on the way down...
We were running 65-67mph most of the way. The red font is my phone telling me my mileage sucks. I haven't seen a green number in months.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Great! I'm glad you had a good time. Daytona is interesting. A giant track with things around it and that's about it. It's been a while since I've been to Daytona beach but it I remember it being more interesting. Although there is a Friendly's in Daytona that we don't have many of down here.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #14
JSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
JSW's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to JSW
I prefer Cocoa Beach if I'm going out to the East Coast from Orlando.