Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Citrus Meet......!

Old 09-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
Citrus Meet......!

Come on guys, lets get one setup! K9 and I have been talking about it for some while so I think its time for another one!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
K9 is still here??
Old 09-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
yeah i visited him a couple of days ago and was eaten alive by bloodsuckers
Old 09-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello gentlemen, I posted this in the Florida section. Hope to meet you at Citrus.

Hey guys,

I saw this pop up today in the Florida section:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...trus-meet.html

I mentioned before that I would like to go to this but being that I am 2WD, better & dryer weather & my wife & I are going to camp (our first time ever) I suggested that December/January would be great. Any of you know these guys that are planning this? Are there 2WD, mechanical LSD friendly, & semi dry trails out there in December?

I have time available in December so I vote for December.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It'll be chilly for sure that time of year. We usually go in Jan-Feb, don't we?

Peter - you'll be aight. It's a fun place with all kinds of stuff. I never have an issue for the most part. Love the articulation parts!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, That's true because I remember reading that you went ealry in the year. Jan/Feb is fine by me too. I can take the time off then too & I like chilly weather, besides the 6 or 7 days of Winter that Miami gets.

Thanks Fink
Old 09-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Yea one year we were down in the 40's-50's but it makes for some nice wheeling weather during the day cause the sun will keep you warm but it's still cool weather.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
yo bro they are having a meet in homestead oct 20th so maybe mid nov or so will give folks time to recoup..dunno
Old 09-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #9

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
k9cop,
I like your truck & that area you were off-roading in that looks to be a lake. Nice pics man! What lift do you have?

I just read your profile & your lift is listed there. LOL!

Any drive-line vibes?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
You'll need to make a special trip...that's all there is to say in the matter.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #12
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

possibly
Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
k9cop,
I like your truck & that area you were off-roading in that looks to be a lake. Nice pics man! What lift do you have?

I just read your profile & your lift is listed there. LOL!

Any drive-line vibes?
hey thanks brother. yeah it's a lake sometimes other times it's just a mudhole. i'm running maxtrac spindles, 5100's on all four and all pro expo's. yes i do have a shutter. so far hasn't hurt anything. i am looking at getting those plates from all pro that will move my rear axl up an inch or so. for some reason the expos moved my rear axle and drive line back an inch or so dunno what happened and why.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #15

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I have a slight shudder also but i'm used to it. I have Bilsteins on all 4 with fronts @ 1.75 & Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL & OE overload leaf left in. I hadn't heard of that happening with the leaf springs like what happened with yours. Good luck with that.

Again, very nice truck.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #16

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
I have a slight shudder also but i'm used to it. I have Bilsteins on all 4 with fronts @ 1.75 & Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL & OE overload leaf left in. I hadn't heard of that happening with the leaf springs like what happened with yours. Good luck with that.

Again, very nice truck.
thanks yeah dude i don't know wtf happened..my front billies are set at1.75 also.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #17

how's your carrier bearing? there are a number of videos on youtube showing extra play ing the CB causing that entire crossmember to shake like crazy. sometimes it's the CB that's bad, and sometimes it's the pinion angle just being too far off. you have axle shims?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #18
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I think maybe December or even Jan would be best...colder weather for camping...less chance of rain, and people will have all their Christmas presents installed...I know I'm not the only one that gives my truck presents...
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #19

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
how's your carrier bearing? there are a number of videos on youtube showing extra play ing the CB causing that entire crossmember to shake like crazy. sometimes it's the CB that's bad, and sometimes it's the pinion angle just being too far off. you have axle shims?
well i had the new drive line put in about a year ago. I always check the cb to make sure it's not loose or anything. I tried beef's cb drop and holy crap that made it worse. I tried to lower it with little blocks jon w. made for me and once again still bad. I don't have shims but that might be my next route. but you can see where the gap is in the drive line and when you look at my rear axel you can see it sits back a little so who knows dude.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #20

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I think maybe December or even Jan would be best...colder weather for camping...less chance of rain, and people will have all their Christmas presents installed...I know I'm not the only one that gives my truck presents...
we could always do another in Jan. I think peep's up here are itchin to go camp/wheel. but we can go anytime.