1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Banning Fast-Food TV Ads Could Dent Obesity

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by harshest, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Nov 21, 2008 at 8:27 AM
    harshest

harshest [OP] I am the Sofa King

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Light On, Hidden Garage Door Opener, Scanguage II, Weathertech Liners, Cig lighter always on, Door buzzer removed from dash- Upcoming: 5100s for front and rear, set fronts to 2.5" and Toytec AALs.
    This kind of correlates to the Fast Food Poll

I love me some fast food any day especially and A&W bacon cheeseburger but what ever happened to parents NOT BUYING the kids fast food? I am the parent of a 1 and 2 year old and just because they see a fast food ad on TV doesn't mean that they get to it. Parents just need to stand up to their kids and prepare some food at home.

Linky

2. Dec 11, 2008 at 9:44 AM
    sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Its really unfortunate that companies like Mc Donald's continue to sell such a poor excuse for "food", they have the power to transform America by simply making there food more healthy. Sure taking away the advertisements might stop a few people from getting a big mac, but it's up to the parents to educate there children on healthy living, and exercise. And to live and set a good example of that healthy living. Obesity isn't just a problem with the youth, its a problem with grown adults as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top