Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 20! Ends 01/16/11

Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #61
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by visiontacoma View Post
Well being only 2 hours away should explain why I got my HIDs so quick :P
I'll just have to look forward to mine tomorrow... If I were two hours away I would've just driven to get them
Old 01-31-2011, 07:39 AM   #62
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Out for delivery here in Nebraska

Too bad a blizzard is just starting to churn up here...freezing rain this morning and 10" of snow with 30mph winds on the way
Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #63
Cutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Air medical pilot
Cutter29's Tacoma Gallery
mine just arrived. install starts in 20

thanks paul!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #64
TiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the rough
TiMe's Tacoma Gallery
Just got home from work to find my package had arrived!! Install this weekend! Thanks Paul!!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #65
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are all very welcome!! Enjoy the new bright lights!! Let me know how your installs go.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #66
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Mine made it too.... drove some 40 extra miles last night to go home and get them. Planning on putting them in over the weekend after I round up some hardware from the local Car Toys (and former employer), but wanna find a dark strip of road tonight to snap some before photos.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #67
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeJ View Post
Mine made it too.... drove some 40 extra miles last night to go home and get them. Planning on putting them in over the weekend after I round up some hardware from the local Car Toys (and former employer), but wanna find a dark strip of road tonight to snap some before photos.
Nice I'd like to see some good before and after shots. Also, click CabelTecs link in the first post of this thread for a good write-up.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #68
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Nice I'd like to see some good before and after shots. Also, click CabelTecs link in the first post of this thread for a good write-up.
Slim - I took some decent photos last night of the stock headlights shinning out into a small field backed by a xmas tree farm... here's the links for the pics

Low Beams
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...133616/cat/500

Low + Fog
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...133617/cat/500

High Beams
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...133615/cat/500

My goal is to get the HID's put in before the weekend's over... Will post some pics (or at least links) afterwards
Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #69

Awesome thanks man! I can't wait to see the hids. Thanks for taking the time.
Quote:
Slim - I took some decent photos last night of the stock headlights shinning out into a small field backed by a xmas tree farm... here's the links for the pics

Low Beams
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...133616/cat/500

Low + Fog
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...133617/cat/500

High Beams
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...133615/cat/500

My goal is to get the HID's put in before the weekend's over... Will post some pics (or at least links) afterwards
Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #70
Cutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Air medical pilot
Cutter29's Tacoma Gallery
i'm getting shocked every time i get out since the install. i grounded to the same spot as listed in the install help thread. do i need to move the ground? anyone have a suggestion?

thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #71
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter29 View Post
i'm getting shocked every time i get out since the install. i grounded to the same spot as listed in the install help thread. do i need to move the ground? anyone have a suggestion?

thanks
Not far from that bolt is the factory ground location (Yellow Circle)... kinda back by the battery... much better place to use than where is shown in the original install thread (Green Circle)

And before I get any grief over the bungee cord battery holder... check out my design for a new battery box for the Optima... If I can get enough interest in it I'll talk with Timsxr about getting them cut. He's GUESSING about $100 but again that's a GUESS....

And this would be specific to having an Optima Battery... pls don't ask about other sizes... yet

Quote:
Here's another feeler thread - not sure where to put it so it goes here for now....

Had to replace my battery a month after I got it from the dealer... oh well... Went to Costco and got my Optima Red Top for $130. Went to put it in and it's a good 2" smaller (in length) and 1- 1¼" shorter than the stock battery... and I've had it bungee'd in place ever since.

I started thinking about what to do with it, and was looking around for store-bought options when this idea came to me....

Basically the top bar unbolts for when you need to remove the battery, and is screwed/bolted/welded down (or 3M Velcro for some of you )

Made out of what I expect will be 1/8" Alum (or equiv) and powdercoated or raw (so you can finish how you'd like).

My question is: How many of you TW users have replaced your battery with an Optima and need a solution like this?
Old 02-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #72

Yea I grounded my wires to the factory battery terminal instead of the body. Not sure if that is better or worse. But I'm not entirely sure the shocking is coming from the lights because essentially anywhere you ground on the body or chasis (bare metal) you will be grounded. Might just be your weather where you live. I notice I get shocked more when the Santa Ana winds are in effect.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #73
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Passenger side won't fire up...already swapped ballasts and checked all wires. Help!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Passenger side won't fire up...already swapped ballasts and checked all wires. Help!!!!!!
When you swapped the non working side ballast to the other did it work there?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
When you swapped the non working side ballast to the other did it work there?
Nevermind, I was being a tard and not grounding the passenger side. Kit looks/works AWESOME! Back to what I'm used to
Old 02-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Nevermind, I was being a tard and not grounding the passenger side. Kit looks/works AWESOME! Back to what I'm used to
Lol no problem. Glad your up an running. Enjoy them!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #77
treaddy is on a distinguished road

treaddy's Tacoma Gallery
delivered

thanks slim,
recieved the lights on friday,
now just need the motivation and warmer weather to install.
peace-out!
Old 02-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #78
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Got the headlights in today... Super easy. Will get some pics up later

Edit: Fog lights in as well... HUGE difference from the stock Sylvanias (fogs at least... who knows what cheapo's the dealership left in the headlights for me)

suggestions for anyone who's still to get theirs in... don't wait for a nice Oregon day of sunshine (the liquid kind) like I did... CableTec's guide is great but I found it much easier to do the headlights by unplugging the electrical plug to the wiper reservoir on the passenger side and slide it up over the stock intake. Also, if I had to do it all over again, doing both the fog and headlights... I would have taken the time to remove the headlights to put the fog lights in... crawling around under the truck and reaching up above wasn't too much fun. Also on the fogs, pop the fog lights out... I don't know if Cable said so in his install guide but my fog's just popped right out, making the insertion of the new bulbs MUCH easier (took 10 mins on the pass side by popping out the light vs 30 on the driver's w/o removing the fog).

No adjustments yet to the aim yet - everything looks good as is but the pass headlight seems to be shining a bit high
Old 03-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #79

For those that missed this group buy. Here is the link to the new group buy that started today!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...3-15-11-a.html