Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 4!! Ends 2/24/09

Old 03-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #182
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

Jedidiah's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
I am happy you guys got them nice and fast! If anybody would be so kind to take some pictures of each step like a write-up for me that would be greatly appreciated! That way I can post that with my future Group Buys to help everyone out. Thanks to anybody that does that for me.

Great idea! I could really use a write up like this!!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #184
dozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to all

dozer711's Tacoma Gallery
I got both Mine Today! That's quick for USPS. Thank You Slim!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #185
TheBlackPearl is on a distinguished road

TheBlackPearl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am happy you guys got them nice and fast! If anybody would be so kind to take some pictures of each step like a write-up for me that would be greatly appreciated! That way I can post that with my future Group Buys to help everyone out. Thanks to anybody that does that for me.
Sorry, it was too dark for me to take pics or do a video I do have to say that the instructions provided by the manufacture aren't the best (Not Slim's fault obviously).

This video right here helped me out a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDt4IeCRfIg

The only problems that I came across were actually putting the bulb inside the housing. You have to make sure that you unlock the metal piece from the actual HID bulb, place that into your headlight housing first! Then put the rubber headlight guard back on. After I put the rubber piece back on, I found it hard to actually angle the bulb to be screwed into the housing without having it touch any oil, dirt, etc. For both sides, I had to remove the actual battery and the windshield washer container to give myself some room to put the bulb in. Also, be sure to ground both sides of the headlight. When I installed mine, I only grounded one side because I didn't realize that there were two grounds. Only one side worked until I found the last ground. Other than that, everything else was self explanatory (Plug everything together where it fits).
Old 03-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #186
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

Hey Slim! Just Got my kit in!!! thanks!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #187
The Reel Sportsman
TacomaYAK will become famous soon enoughTacomaYAK will become famous soon enough

TacomaYAK's Tacoma Gallery
so would double-sided tape be okay to use instead of screws to hold the ballast in place? seems like if you want to get it in a good spot without having to remove a bunch of stuff, tape is the way to go.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #188
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Double sided stuff would be fine, but make sure you get the 3M automotive adhesive tape, that stuff will keep it in its place.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #190
TakeItEasy

Thought i'd share some night time picks! 6000K + 3000K!!!!

Thanks Slim!! They look Sick!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #191
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Seeing the 3k makes me want to change my 6k fogs to those. Looks good!!

Glad you guys are happy!!

As for the rubber boots for the headlights I untwisted the hid bulb and inserted it into the rubber boot and locked the bulb together before installing it back into the headlight.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #192
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Man Its killing my guys I moved since I ordered these things and I just got a text message saying that they arrived but its an 80 mile round trip and no mater what time of day you try to make it theres going to be a traffic jam. I'm going to have to bight the bulled and head on over there tomorrow but I know its going to be a nightmare.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #193
wwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura about
wwjdweldingman's Tacoma Gallery
thanks slim i just got my kit!! im going to install them this weekend
Old 03-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #195
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So I went and got them put them on this after noon and then sat around all day until it was dark enough to really enjoy them. I will have pics up shortly!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #196
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Slimcubby, kit came in Friday and was installed today. Piece of cake. Only complaint was those cheap ass zip ties that kept breaking. lol! Good thing I keep a pantload of them handy. If I didn't know any better I'd swear the kit was custom made for our Tacos - wiring was just right.

Thanks for bring us this opportunity. Real good product for a real good price. Props to ya!

Murph

Quote:
Nice! I hope you get on with this one. This will be the last GB for a while. I will have my website up and running for any single orders but the prices will be more than these great GB prices.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #197
destinedsoul21 is on a distinguished road
destinedsoul21's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I was actually quite surprised at the ease of install. I was expecting to have to extend any ground wires, remove of bunch of components for the wire tuck and have to troubleshoot (electrically) as soon as I got them in due to the instructions that I'm sure make sense if you speak both Mandarin and English and are able to translate backwards literally. BUT - no, very easy install, all the wires are just the right length, instructions are definitely not required for anyone who has any basic understanding of automotive circuits - and just a quick maneuvering of both the washer reservoir and the battery afforded me plenty of room. So far so good, and thanks again Slim! The components actually seem quite high-quality.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #199

Old 03-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #200
The Reel Sportsman
TacomaYAK will become famous soon enoughTacomaYAK will become famous soon enough

TacomaYAK's Tacoma Gallery
So today when I was walking next to my truck to open my door, I press my keyless entry and heard a buzzing noise coming from under my hood. Since my lights come on when I unlock the truck, it was my new HID lights that were making the sound. Is that normal?