Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

i just got some new ar-15 magazines in and

Old 04-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
i just got some new ar-15 magazines in and

i took them apart to check them out. the springs looks dry, is that normal? or should i take them all out and do a quick spray of WD-40?

thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its OK if they are dry.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of magazines are they? If they are from Magpul then they are meant to be dry and used as such. WD-40 is absolutely the worst thing you could ever use. All of my duty and training mags I use dry and will dissamble and clean monthly depending on how offer they see the range.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
with all steel mags you can put a drop or two of oil on the spring and run it from the top to bottom with your fingertips. Like John said, if they're polymer, clean off the packing grease and leave 'em alone.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
leave them as they are
Old 04-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i bought 20 D&H Industries steel magazines for $169.80, that comes out to $8.49 each and in that bulk pack they give you 1 Magpul PMAG for free. www.44mag.com
Old 04-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Its OK if they are dry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecloud View Post
What kind of magazines are they? If they are from Magpul then they are meant to be dry and used as such. WD-40 is absolutely the worst thing you could ever use. All of my duty and training mags I use dry and will dissamble and clean monthly depending on how offer they see the range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blendedfamily View Post
with all steel mags you can put a drop or two of oil on the spring and run it from the top to bottom with your fingertips. Like John said, if they're polymer, clean off the packing grease and leave 'em alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
leave them as they are
Quote:
Okay so with the D&H steel mags you can run a drop on the inside on the steel and wipe it around the inside with your finger. Don't even think about doing that with the Magpul one. Oh and do the steel ones have the anti-tilt follower? I'm assuming they don't. Go onto Magpul's website and order you some that way you don't have any feeding issues in the future. Then go out and give them hell.
thank you, thank you!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 AM   #8
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
i bought 20 D&H Industries steel magazines for $169.80, that comes out to $8.49 each and in that bulk pack they give you 1 Magpul PMAG for free. www.44mag.com
Okay so with the D&H steel mags you can run a drop on the inside on the steel and wipe it around the inside with your finger. Don't even think about doing that with the Magpul one. Oh and do the steel ones have the anti-tilt follower? I'm assuming they don't. Go onto Magpul's website and order you some that way you don't have any feeding issues in the future. Then go out and give them hell.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #9
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

John, is magpul paying you for this?
Old 04-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #10
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I do not EVER put a lubricant of any kind on a magazine spring. It will draw dust, dirt and other contaminants in the most critical part of the magazine.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #11

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blendedfamily View Post
John, is magpul paying you for this?
Hahaha. Geeze I wish. I have a buddy at lance that hooked me up with some mags as well which are freakin great. Magpul have a great system for their mags and all their other accessory stuff is really well built and is sturdy for everything from a duty gun like mine and an everyday gun. I just like the setup and research what I use before getting anything.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
30 round mags and you live in cali?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
30 round mags and you live in cali?
yeah but see my other post. i converted them to 10round 30magazines

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...ts-ar-15s.html
Old 04-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #14
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah but see my other post. i converted them to 10round 30magazines

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...ts-ar-15s.html
nice! still pretty ballsy considering the bullshit that this state has become lol
Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
nice! still pretty ballsy considering the bullshit that this state has become lol
yeah but they ship it to me as repair kits, so i dont assemble them until that rivet is in.