Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Mounted pistol safes for Tacoma?

Old 12-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
Rushbrook is on a distinguished road
Rushbrook's Tacoma Gallery
Mounted pistol safes for Tacoma?

If you have a gun safe in the truck, what type is it and where is it mounted? I need something relatively small and within arm's reach. I was thinking about one of the single pistol types that pops it out in a draw position and maybe mounted on the side of the hump to the right of the gear shift (07 model), but I'm not opposed to something a bit larger in case I have something else that needs secured.

What's your setup?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
Grimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to behold

Grimjack's Tacoma Gallery
I have a console vault. It is very secure and I like that I can put other valuables in it since Toyota doesn't think we need locked storage in the cab of the truck. It isn't "ideal" but I am not sure there is such a thing. I would love a draw type like you describe but I would not want it to be visible from the outside of the vehicle. Keep the pistol on you when you can and only store it (or your backup to your backup) in the vault.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
Those look pretty cool. I might just go that route.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
I went the Console Vault route, too. I highly recommend them. Here's a link to my install pics:

Console Vault Install
Old 12-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
Console Vault. If you can't afford it, sell something.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
Thanks guys. I'll probably go with it when I get my ccw.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
I had a tuffy box under the seat in my Wrangler. Looks like they have a limited selection for the Tacoma. Not exactly the access you were looking for, but might be an option....

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-455-...bles-tote.aspx