1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PMC private military contractor jobs hiring

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Dave333, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Feb 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    Dave333

Dave333 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Loganville
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD long bed dbl cab
    Borla Exhaust, D/T LT, TRD CAI, Hella Rallye 4000, ARB, M/T Sidebiters 16", 265/75/16, Stubbs HD SKO Sliders, OME 3" lift with 886, Dakar Rear leafs, Satoshi
    Guys,

Back in November I posted in another members thread when he was deciding to go join the military. The link is here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/military/190182-question-input-all-military-people.html

Basically, I suggested he work as a PMC (private military contractor). Based on his resume and his wants, it was a perfect fit. Since then, another member is also going through the hiring process with my company.

I'm not a recruiter for my company, I'm just one of the guys on the ground. Just trying to help other TW members get their foot in the door and work a fun job with great benefits. I've been PMC'ing since I got out of the military back in July 07.

If anyone is interested, please PM me. The OP in the link was at first declined employment with my company, then after a couple emails he was good to go.

We are hiring heavily right now for Afghanistan. Pay is very good. Normal rotations are 105 days in country, 35 days home. When you're home, you're off, they don't bother you. All travel is paid for. Training is a few weeks and you're paid at training as well as meals and lodging.

The company I work for is IDS. Website is www.intldevsol.com

Here's the thing, you MUST have a shooter background and it has to be verifiable. Most positions require 5 years of military/law enforcement time. This can be split between the two or individual. If all you have is law enforcement, you'll need SWAT time. EMT's/Paramedics are also in demand, but you need at least 2 years military deployed time on that.

None of that is waiverable. The government agencies we work with require DD214's and letters from law enforcement agencies and they do heavy vetting.

If you were a Ranger/SF/SEAL/PJ/Marine Recon you'll be good to go. If you were 82nd Airborne, 10th Mtn., Marine Infantry, FAST Platoon, etc. you must make sure you have 5 years time in that MOS field.

My background was Army SF.

So if you just got out of the military or work in law enforcement and want a career change or just want to go make a quick buck, PM me and I'll get you emails of guys to talk to directly. You'll still have to go through the channel of applying online but you're name/resume will be flagged for immediate review and they'll help you out.

Two members on here are already on their way to working with my company and both should be deployed by summer.

The whole vetting/training takes about 2 to 3 months. Current locations with my company are Afghanistan and Israel. If you want to go work in Iraq (which I'd recommend against due to their current government issues) I can get you names of contacts for another company I worked for when I first started contracting.

Afghanistan isn't that bad but it's still Afghanistan, so keep that in mind. Israel is cake. I've been in Israel for awhile now. I'm actually on my way out of the contracting world, kids are growing too fast and I want to be there.

If you're young and single, this is a great gig. If you have a family and want to make some quick cash to get debts paid off, it's the way to go but it sucks being away from them.

If you have any questions, PM me.

Thanks.

2. May 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    Mav12

Mav12 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Flowery Branch
    Vehicle:
    Nothing
    Hey bro I'm retired Marine(there are no ex marines) anyways let me get at that. I'm interested but have no idea where to start man. Appreciate the help.

3. May 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    dommo

dommo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner TRD
    PM sent

4. Nov 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    Dave333

Dave333 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Loganville
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD long bed dbl cab
    Borla Exhaust, D/T LT, TRD CAI, Hella Rallye 4000, ARB, M/T Sidebiters 16", 265/75/16, Stubbs HD SKO Sliders, OME 3" lift with 886, Dakar Rear leafs, Satoshi
    Guys,

I'm out of the line of work now. Just retired last week. Please don't PM me as my corporate email doesn't work now and so my contact list on who I know is small. Best thing to do nowadays is apply through the company websites.

Take it easy.

To Top