Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM HID Fog Light help.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
DDM HID Fog Light help.

So I'm stuck here. I'm following both the SlimCubby install info as well as the DDM install info. And I think it's screwing with my brain.

The DDM one says the stock fog light connector goes directly into the HID ballast, and the ballast goes directly to the light. There is no connection between the bulb itself and the OEM connector.

The SlimCubby instructions say the stock connecter does plug directly into the light. (this is one problem im having, since the DDM bulb doesn't have a female connector to mate with the stock one)
Old 08-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
So I'm stuck here. I'm following both the SlimCubby install info as well as the DDM install info. And I think it's screwing with my brain.

The DDM one says the stock fog light connector goes directly into the HID ballast, and the ballast goes directly to the light. There is no connection between the bulb itself and the OEM connector.

The SlimCubby instructions say the stock connecter does plug directly into the light. (this is one problem im having, since the DDM bulb doesn't have a female connector to mate with the stock one)
Not sure if you were able to figure it all out, but, here's my write up for my DDM hids in the fogs. Hope it works out for you.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...t-install.html
Old 08-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for that. That is exactly what I did, but I didn't notice if the lights came on or not since it was middle of the afternoon, looking into the sun.

I'll try it again when I get some more time this week. Expect a PM eventually, lol.