1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Demon (Different From Angel/Halo) Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Drunknsloth, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Nov 30, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth [OP] Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Does anyone know or has attempted to do these?

I'm planning to do them in amber or red when I get either a FX-R Retrofit, or a Morimoto.

From searches I have done on Google, people just put LEDs inside the reflector.
    Do you think it should be in front or behind the shield. Or where do you think the LED should go?

Other problems include the wiring melting, but some say the problem is solved just using heat shrinks to protect the wiring...

demoneyes3_562a6b9a1c20e8e618f6de3c5f926ce0896b2bc8.jpg

demoneyes4_e2b7f5310abfe55171852663c98361b9aa1acfb8.jpg

demoneyes5_891985c7a843b0be74211461284abcf5f80b9cd5.jpg

dmeoneyes1_8ffe9fc550defcaffd5af40ccbc7e061fbdee339.jpg

2. Dec 4, 2011 at 12:08 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
  3. Dec 4, 2011 at 12:09 AM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    idk but they look awesome!

4. Dec 4, 2011 at 12:11 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Yeah man! I want them in Amber or 3000K to match my fogs!

5. Feb 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    ruslanus

ruslanus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rus
    Wasilla, AK
    Nice, but I would go with crimson red

6. Feb 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    Jib Bandits

Jib Bandits Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".

Member:
    First Name:
    Ari
    Cedar Fort, UT
    Vehicle:
    06 Access TRD Sport
    Red devil horn emblem, All-Pro Expo leafs, Fox shocks, K&N CAI, aFe throttle body spacer, Flowmaster american thunder dual exhuast, Defender roof rack, Hell Bent steel level kit, Rigid Dually LED lights, smoked halo headlights, smoked LED taillights, Cobra CB, red badge mod(+30 HP), Spider-Trax wheel spacers!
    And get crap from cops!

But yeah, I'd imagine you could just stick an LED in the projector housing there and wire it to the parking lights, then unplug the parking light bulb. Tada! now you just gotta flip the lights to parking lights for em to come on and won't have to worry about a power source (since it's wired in to PL) and you'd still retain the use of the headlight in there. Might be confusing in words but since that's exactly what I did for LED angel eyes on my truck it's simple in my head haha. Sorry!! I can try and get pics and explain better tomorrow if you want.

7. Feb 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    Jib Bandits

Jib Bandits Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".

Member:
    First Name:
    Ari
    Cedar Fort, UT
    Vehicle:
    06 Access TRD Sport
    Red devil horn emblem, All-Pro Expo leafs, Fox shocks, K&N CAI, aFe throttle body spacer, Flowmaster american thunder dual exhuast, Defender roof rack, Hell Bent steel level kit, Rigid Dually LED lights, smoked halo headlights, smoked LED taillights, Cobra CB, red badge mod(+30 HP), Spider-Trax wheel spacers!
    Just realized I never addressed the original question! got sidetracked... in front would be brighter/show better in day, but I imagine you might get more of a melted wire risk that way as you go deeper in to the housing. but, it might be the reverse too, when I look in mine it looks like there's a heat sink (sync?) towards the front. I double wrap the wire in heat shrink either way.

8. Feb 13, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Hmmm, yeah my main concern is the heat, I would need an LED with enough Watts to be visible and that would increase the heat as well, then the headlight heat...

9. Feb 14, 2012 at 7:07 AM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    12 Taco DCSB TRD Off Road
    LED interior, rail mounted ammo cans
    that green glow is bad ass

10. Feb 14, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
  11. Feb 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    You may want to check with local laws first. I know green flashing lights here are for Volunteer firefighters driving in their personal vehicles to the hall to respond to a call.
    There's a chance you could catch flack for it.

And definitely do not do red. The whole idea behind white front, red behind is to tell which way the vehicle (Or way back when, the Train) was moving; towards or away from you.

12. Feb 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    ruslanus

ruslanus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rus
    Wasilla, AK

Never mind, I thought it was just for when the vehicle is parked. That's why I said I'd go with red, for looks.

13. Nov 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    HedgehogOutdoors

HedgehogOutdoors Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    CT
    Vehicle:
    '98 4runner SR5
    Awesome, I'm not a fan of projectors :)crapstorm:) so I'd never be able to make this work... Unless.... I do get my permit for blues(FD) in 2 years, so I can have steady burn Whelen hideaways if I need to :D

Products Discussed in

To Top