Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Best lights for behind grille

Old 06-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Best lights for behind grille

Looking for some lights for behind my grille once i do my satoshi. I would like something that can reach out a ways as well as being decent up close too.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp 9" Biolight. I have mine.. just waiting on the one who they call

9" round x 5" deep
Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Done a lil debating on this myself.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
$350 maybe? ive thought about hellas and went back and forth with other lights and other setups. ill probably change my mind again before i actually do anything
Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Brianz1001 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Brianz1001's Tacoma Gallery
Hella has some compact models that will fit nice.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
thinking about piaa 520 atp kit
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...t_detail&p=507
Old 06-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Get some hellas and convert them with an HID kit, cheapest and brightest output.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #9
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
I actually ordered a set of those.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB View Post
9" round seems pretty big. I measured and thought 8" was too big. 7" seems like a decent size for our grill opening but I was thinking of going with these pro comp 6". Not sure about the light output but for $40 ea I'll give it a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Comp-Lig...454#vi-content

I'll tell ya right now, the light output is close to pathetic. I have those behind my Satoshi. Paid $20 a light. Yes I bought them new. For looks they are fine. For lighting.. Well the flash on my phone gives off more light... IMO
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfGrey View Post
I actually ordered a aset of those.
hows the light output and range?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #13

Quote:
hows the light output and range?
Not sure yet. Waiting to get em. Will let ya know as soon as I find out.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Get some hellas and convert them with an HID kit, cheapest and brightest output.
do they scatter really bad like ive heard about hid headlights in stock housings?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
been thinking about putting 100w bulbs in hella 500's instead of doing HID's. Anyone used that setup?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Hella 700ff converted to 55w HID here.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post
Hella 700ff converted to 55w HID here.

hows the glare and range?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hows the glare and range?
I'm not sure about the glare I usually don't drive toward myself but I'm sure they are blindingly bright Lol. Distance is great the way I have them adjusted they are just above the cut off of my projectors I would say they throw light a good 250-300 yards. Even with my FX-R projectors on high the Hellas throw light further.