LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Non-DTRL relay Trade for DTRL Relay

Old 08-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
skeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really nice

Name: Pete
skeeet's Tacoma Gallery
Non-DTRL relay Trade for DTRL Relay

Anyone with factory DTRL willing to trade their relay for my non-DTRL? From what I've seen so far, people with DTRL don't want it, and people that don't have it do.

Peter
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeet View Post
Anyone with factory DTRL willing to trade their relay for my non-DTRL? From what I've seen so far, people with DTRL don't want it, and people that don't have it do.

Peter
Got it and don't want it. Tell me how to swap it and we can trade.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
This thread should help fellas:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...stall-oem.html
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
skeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really nice

skeeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Got it and don't want it. Tell me how to swap it and we can trade.
Looks like I've already found someone willing to trade with.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Navy Veteran
Name: Zach
03is300ztk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natetroknot View Post

He wasnt asking how to do it, he wanted to find someone who would swap DTRL relay for his NON-DTRL.

I'm the same way, I dont have it and want it, but dont want to buy parts, I'm down for a swap,

Maybe this can be the new relay swap spot!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #6

skeeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03is300ztk View Post
He wasnt asking how to do it, he wanted to find someone who would swap DTRL relay for his NON-DTRL.

I'm the same way, I dont have it and want it, but dont want to buy parts, I'm down for a swap,

Maybe this can be the new relay swap spot!!!
This should be! I don't think there's one yet. 03is300ztk, you should swap with DevL!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
ds46000 is on a distinguished road
ds46000's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this thread as opposed to starting a new one.

I'm looking to trade my NON-DTRL parts for someone who has DTRL but doesn't want them.

Let me know and we can swap. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #8

skeeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds46000 View Post
Bumping this thread as opposed to starting a new one.

I'm looking to trade my NON-DTRL parts for someone who has DTRL but doesn't want them.

Let me know and we can swap. Thanks.
PM devl(couple posts above). Maybe he still has his.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
three west is on a distinguished road
Name: JD
three west's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM devl(couple posts above). Maybe he still has his.
so I bought the electric flasher, figured I could just pull the DTRL harness and relay from under the dash and install the flasher that guys have been using for LED's in their non-DTRL equipped trucks.

but be damned if it seems like I can get that sucker to plug in up there.
I didn't drop the fuse box, just the obd port and park brake, but damn, are all these things supposed to be interchangeable?

I figured after I had it installed & working I might sell the DTRL module (with crom style switch already installed & included).
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #10

skeeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post
so I bought the electric flasher, figured I could just pull the DTRL harness and relay from under the dash and install the flasher that guys have been using for LED's in their non-DTRL equipped trucks.

but be damned if it seems like I can get that sucker to plug in up there.
I didn't drop the fuse box, just the obd port and park brake, but damn, are all these things supposed to be interchangeable?

I figured after I had it installed & working I might sell the DTRL module (with crom style switch already installed & included).
Yeah I also had a hard time getting mine off also, even after dropping the fuse box. I got it off using a flat head and off it came
Old 10-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
Quote:
Yeah I also had a hard time getting mine off also, even after dropping the fuse box. I got it off using a flat head and off it came
OFF is no problem, maybe I loosened it when I pulled the harness out to install crom's switch mod. Or maybe the harness plug doesn't fit as tight at the relay I was trying to put in its place.

Shouldn't I just be able to plug the new flasher relay into the back of the box where I removed the DTRL jumper harness?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post
OFF is no problem, maybe I loosened it when I pulled the harness out to install crom's switch mod. Or maybe the harness plug doesn't fit as tight at the relay I was trying to put in its place.

Shouldn't I just be able to plug the new flasher relay into the back of the box where I removed the DTRL jumper harness?
I do believe so....
Old 10-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I do believe so....
tnx, time for some more wrist contortions
Old 10-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #14
ok, now I understand, anybody want to sell me that blank plug with the jumper in it if they have installed factory DTRL in their truck?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #15
Tacoma level 27
Slesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Slesse's Tacoma Gallery
I have DTRL and don't really want them. I've been considering the stealth mod, but I might go for the swap. I have a question for those that don't have DTRL. If you disable the DTRL on all the time, can you still turn them on with the light switch on the steering column? Currently the switch has three positions; off, parking (also dims the dash), headlights. It's the law here to have them on, I really just want to be able to turn them off sometimes and I'm wondering if I'm better off to just do the stealth mode and get one of these awesome switches.
Attached Thumbnails
Non-DTRL relay Trade for DTRL Relay-stealth.jpg  
Old 11-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slesse View Post
I have DTRL and don't really want them. I've been considering the stealth mod, but I might go for the swap. I have a question for those that don't have DTRL. If you disable the DTRL on all the time, can you still turn them on with the light switch on the steering column? Currently the switch has three positions; off, parking (also dims the dash), headlights. It's the law here to have them on, I really just want to be able to turn them off sometimes and I'm wondering if I'm better off to just do the stealth mode and get one of these awesome switches.

Go stealth mode...non-DTRL flasher has 10 connections at connector and jumper plug at BECU...DTRL flasher has 12, jumper cable with 3 connectors. Stealth just interrupts one ground with that nifty switch.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slesse View Post
Nope, only the lights out on the corner will come on with your existing headlight switch on the column. Of course you could do some of your own wiring to wire them together, but you probably want to add your own switch rather than doing the DTRL swap considering Canadian law.

I wish our trucks worked like my wife's Camry (with the exact same steering wheel). On her stalk you just rock the headlight switch back one notch and the DTRLs turn off.